Product Pathways - Tag Antibodies
Cre Recombinase Antibody #7803
|7803S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|7803||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||All Species Expected||Transfected Only||38||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cre Recombinase Antibody recognizes transfected levels of total Cre recombinase protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asp141 of Cre recombinase protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Cre recombinase is a bacteriophage-P1 enzyme required for maintenance of the phage genome as a monomeric plasmid in the lysogenic state (1,2). This enzyme mediates a site-specific recombination between two 34 base pair loxP sites. This reaction can be carried out in vitro, indicating that it does not require accessory factors (3). The Cre/Lox system has been used for a number of in vitro and in vivo applications including targeted gene deletions (4) and gene-specific humanized animal models (5). Resolution of the crystal structure of the Cre-Lox complex revealed that two Cre molecules interact with a single Lox site (6).
- Abremski, K. et al. (1983) Cell 32, 1301-11.
- Sternberg, N. et al. (1981) Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol 45 Pt 1, 297-309.
- Abremski, K. and Hoess, R. (1984) J Biol Chem 259, 1509-14.
- Qin, M. et al. (1994) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91, 1706-10.
- Lakso, M. et al. (1992) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89, 6232-6.
- Guo, F. et al. (1997) Nature 389, 40-6.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.