Product Pathways - PathScan ELISA
PathScan® Total VEGFR-2 Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair #7825
|7825S||1 Kit (Reagents for 4 x 96 well plates)||---||In Stock||---|
|7825||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|Kit Includes||Volume||Cap Color|
|VEGFR-2 Capture Ab (100X)||0.4 ml||Pink|
|VEGFR-2 Detection Ab (100X)||0.4 ml||Blue|
|Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody||0.04 ml||Red|
Storage: Capture and detection antibodies are stored at 4°C. HRP-linked secondary reagent is stored at -20°C.
Important Ordering Details
Product is assembled upon order to ensure maximum activity. United States: Please allow up to two weeks for your order to be processed and shipped. Outside of the United States: Please allow up to three weeks, depending on the country, for your order to be processed and shipped.
CST's PathScan® Total VEGFR-2 Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair is being offered as an economical alternative to our PathScan® Total VEGFR-2 Sandwich ELISA Kit #7340. Capture and detection antibodies (100X stocks) and HRP-conjugated secondary antibody (1000X stock) are supplied. Sufficient reagents are supplied for 4 x 96 well ELISAs. The VEGFR-2 capture antibody is coated on a 96 well microplate overnight in PBS. After blocking, cell lysates are added followed by a VEGFR-2 detection antibody and anti-rabbit IgG, HRP conjugated antibody. HRP substrate (TMB) is added for color development. The magnitude of the absorbance for this developed color is proportional to the quantity of total VEGFR-2 protein.
Specificity / Sensitivity
For Antibody Pair specificity and sensitivity, please refer to the corresponding PathScan® Sandwich ELISA Kit. Note: This antibody pair detects proteins from the indicated species, as determined through in-house testing, but may also detect homologous proteins from other species.
The relationship between the protein concentration of lysate from untreated and VEGF-treated HUVE cells and the absorbance at 450 nM using PathScan® Total VEGFR-2 Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair #7825 is shown. HUVE cells (85% confluence) were treated with VEGF (50 ng/ml) for 5 min. at 37ºC, and then lysed.
Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (VEGFR2, KDR, Flk-1) is a major receptor for VEGF-induced signaling in endothelial cells. Upon ligand binding, VEGFR2 undergoes autophosphorylation and becomes activated (1). Major autophosphorylation sites of VEGFR2 are located in the kinase insert domain (Tyr951/996) and in the tyrosine kinase catalytic domain (Tyr1054/1059) (2). Activation of the receptor leads to rapid recruitment of adaptor proteins, including Shc, GRB2, PI3 kinase, NCK, and the protein tyrosine phosphatases SHP-1 and SHP-2 (3). Phosphorylation at Tyr1212 provides a docking site for GRB2 binding and phospho-Tyr1175 binds the p85 subunit of PI3 kinase and PLCγ, as well as Shb (1,4,5). Signaling from VEGFR2 is necessary for the execution of VEGF-stimulated proliferation, chemotaxis and sprouting, as well as survival of cultured endothelial cells in vitro and angiogenesis in vivo (6-8).
- Meyer, M. et al. (1999) EMBO J 18, 363-74.
- Dougher-Vermazen, M. et al. (1994) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 205, 728-38.
- Kroll, J. and Waltenberger, J. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 32521-7.
- Takahashi, T. et al. (2001) EMBO J 20, 2768-78.
- Holmqvist, K. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 22267-75.
- Karkkainen, M.J. and Petrova, T.V. (2000) Oncogene 19, 5598-605.
- Rahimi, N. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 16986-92.
- Claesson-Welsh, L. (2003) Biochem Soc Trans 31, 20-4.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9808 Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS-20X)
- 9809 Phosphate Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (PBST-20X)
- 9998 BSA
- 7004 TMB Substrate
- 7002 STOP Solution
- 9803 Cell Lysis Buffer (10X)
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7340 PathScan® Total VEGFR-2 Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7335 PathScan® Phospho-VEGFR-2 (Tyr1175) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7824 PathScan® Phospho-VEGFR-2 (Tyr1175) Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair
- 2472 VEGF Receptor 2 Antibody
- 2479 VEGF Receptor 2 (55B11) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
PathScan® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.