Product Pathways - PathScan ELISA
PathScan® Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser536) Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair #7834
|7834S||1 Kit (Reagents for 4 x 96 well plates)||---||In Stock||---|
|7834||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|Kit Includes||Volume||Cap Color|
|P-NF-kB p65 (s536) Capture Ab (100X)||0.4 ml||Pink|
|NF-kB p65 Detection Ab (100X)||0.4 ml||Blue|
|Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody||0.04 ml||Red|
Storage: Capture and detection antibodies are stored at 4°C. HRP-linked secondary reagent is stored at -20°C.
CST's PathScan® Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser536) Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair is offered as an economical alternative to our PathScan®Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser536) Sandwich ELISA Kit #7173. Capture and Detection antibodies (100X stocks) and HRP-conjugated secondary antibody (1000X stock) are supplied. Sufficient reagents are supplied for 4 x 96 well ELISAs. The Phospho-NF-κB p65 Capture Antibody is coated in PBS overnight in a 96 well microplate. After blocking, cell lysates are added followed by a NF-κB p65 (Ser536) Detection Antibody and anti-Rabbit IgG, HRP conjugated antibody. HRP substrate, TMB, is added for color development. The magnitude of the absorbance for this developed color is proportional to the quantity of Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser536) protein.
Antibodies in kit are custom formulations specific to kit.
Specificity / Sensitivity
For Antibody Pair specificity and sensitivity, please refer to the corresponding PathScan® Sandwich ELISA Kit. Note: This antibody pair detects proteins from the indicated species, as determined through in-house testing, but may also detect homologous proteins from other species.
The relationship between lysate protein concentration from untreated and TNF-α and IL-1β treated HeLa cells and the absorbance at 450 nm using PathScan® Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser536) Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair #7834 is shown. HeLa cells were treated with TNF-α and IL-1β for 5 minutes at 37ºC and then lysed.
Transcription factors of the nuclear factor κ B (NF-κB)/Rel family play a pivotal role in inflammatory and immune responses (1,2). There are five family members in mammals: RelA, c-Rel, RelB, NF-κB1 (p105/p50), and NF-κB2 (p100/p52). Both p105 and p100 are proteolytically processed by the proteasome to produce p50 and p52, respectively. Rel proteins bind p50 and p52 to form dimeric complexes that bind DNA and regulate transcription. In unstimulated cells, NF-κB is sequestered in the cytoplasm by IκB inhibitory proteins (3-5). NF-κB-activating agents can induce the phosphorylation of IκB proteins, targeting them for rapid degradation through the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway and releasing NF-κB to enter the nucleus where it regulates gene expression (6-8). NIK and IKKα (IKK1) regulate the phosphorylation and processing of NF-κB2 (p100) to produce p52, which translocates to the nucleus (9-11).
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Henkel, T. (1994) Annu Rev Immunol 12, 141-79.
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Baltimore, D. (1996) Cell 87, 13-20.
- Haskill, S. et al. (1991) Cell 65, 1281-9.
- Thompson, J.E. et al. (1995) Cell 80, 573-82.
- Whiteside, S.T. et al. (1997) EMBO J 16, 1413-26.
- Traenckner, E.B. et al. (1995) EMBO J 14, 2876-83.
- Scherer, D.C. et al. (1995) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 92, 11259-63.
- Chen, Z.J. et al. (1996) Cell 84, 853-62.
- Senftleben, U. et al. (2001) Science 293, 1495-9.
- Coope, H.J. et al. (2002) EMBO J 21, 5375-85.
- Xiao, G. et al. (2001) Mol Cell 7, 401-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9808 Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS-20X)
- 9809 Phosphate Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (PBST-20X)
- 9998 BSA
- 7004 TMB Substrate
- 7002 STOP Solution
- 7173 PathScan® Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser536) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7174 PathScan® Total NF-κB p65 Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 3033 Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser536) (93H1) Rabbit mAb
- 3036 Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser536) (7F1) Mouse mAb
- 3031 Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser536) Antibody
- 4764 NF-κB p65 (C22B4) Rabbit mAb
- 9803 Cell Lysis Buffer (10X)
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
PathScan® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.