Product Pathways - PathScan ELISA
PathScan® Total PTEN Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair #7883
|Kit Includes||Volume||Cap Color|
|PTEN Capture Ab (100X)||0.4 ml||Pink|
|PTEN Detection Ab (100X)||0.4 ml||Blue|
|Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody||0.04 ml||Yellow|
Capture and detection antibodies are stored at 4°C. HRP-linked secondary reagent is stored at -20°C.
H M R Mk
Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Important Ordering Details
Product is assembled upon order to ensure maximum activity. Domestic: Please allow up to two weeks for your order to be processed and shipped. International: Please allow up to three weeks, depending on the country, for your order to be processed and shipped.
CST's PathScan® Total PTEN Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair #7883 is being offered as an economical alternative to our PathScan® Total PTEN Sandwich ELISA Kit #7882. Capture and detection antibodies (100X stocks) and an HRP-conjugated secondary antibody (1000X stock) are supplied. Sufficient reagents are supplied for 4 x 96 well ELISAs. The PTEN rabbit capture antibody is coated onto a 96 well microplate overnight in PBS. After blocking, cell lysate is added followed by a PTEN mouse detection antibody and anti-mouse IgG, HRP conjugated antibody. HRP substrate (TMB) is then added for color development. The magnitude of the absorbance for this developed color is proportional to the quantity of total PTEN.
Specificity / Sensitivity
For Antibody Pair specificity and sensitivity, please refer to the corresponding PathScan® Sandwich ELISA Kit. Note: This antibody pair detects proteins from the indicated species, as determined through in-house testing, but may also detect homologous proteins from other species.
PTEN (phosphatase and tensin homologue deleted on chromosome ten), also referred to as MMAC (mutated in multiple advanced cancers) phosphatase, is a tumor suppressor implicated in a wide variety of human cancers (1). PTEN encodes a 403 amino acid polypeptide originally described as a dual-specificity protein phosphatase (2). The main substrates of PTEN are inositol phospholipids generated by the activation of the phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) (3). PTEN is a major negative regulator of the PI3K/Akt signaling pathway (1,4,5). PTEN possesses a carboxy-terminal, noncatalytic regulatory domain with three phosphorylation sites (Ser380, Thr382, and Thr383) that regulate PTEN stability and may affect its biological activity (6,7). PTEN regulates p53 protein levels and activity (8) and is involved in G protein-coupled signaling during chemotaxis (9,10).
- Cantley, L.C. and Neel, B.G. (1999) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 96, 4240-5.
- Myers, M.P. et al. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 94, 9052-7.
- Myers, M.P. et al. (1998) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 95, 13513-8.
- Wan, X. and Helman, L.J. (2003) Oncogene 22, 8205-11.
- Wu, X. et al. (1998) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 95, 15587-91.
- Vazquez, F. et al. (2000) Mol Cell Biol 20, 5010-8.
- Torres, J. and Pulido, R. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 993-8.
- Freeman, D.J. et al. (2003) Cancer Cell 3, 117-30.
- Funamoto, S. et al. (2002) Cell 109, 611-23.
- Iijima, M. and Devreotes, P. (2002) Cell 109, 599-610.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7882 PathScan® Total PTEN Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 9559 PTEN (138G6) Rabbit mAb
- 9556 PTEN (26H9) Mouse mAb
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7004 TMB Substrate
- 7002 STOP Solution
- 9803 Cell Lysis Buffer (10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9808 Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS-20X)
- 9809 Phosphate Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (PBST-20X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.