Product Pathways - PathScan ELISA
PathScan® Phospho-Syk (panTyr) Sandwich ELISA Kit #7928
When ordering five or more kits, please contact us for processing time and pricing at email@example.com.
|Kit Includes||Volume||Solution Color|
|Syk Ab Coated Microwells||96 tests|
|Biotinylated P-Tyrosine Detection Ab||11 ml||Green|
|HRP-linked Streptavidin||11 ml||Red|
|TMB Substrate #7004||11 ml||Colorless|
|STOP Solution #7002||11 ml||Colorless|
|Sealing Tape||2 sheets|
|ELISA Wash Buffer (20X)||25 ml||Colorless|
|ELISA Sample Diluent||25 ml||Blue|
|Cell Lysis Buffer (10X) #9803||15 ml||Yellowish|
Note: 12 8-well modules –Each module is designed to break apart for 8 tests.
Note: Kit should be stored at 4°C with the exception of Cell Lysis Buffer, which is stored at –20°C (packaged separately).
Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
The PathScan® Phospho-Syk (panTyr) Sandwich ELISA Kit is a solid phase sandwich enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) that detects endogenous levels of Syk when phosphorylated at tyrosine residues. A Syk mouse mAb has been coated onto the microwells. After incubation with cell lysates, Syk (phospho and nonphospho) is captured by the coated antibody. Following extensive washing, a biotinylated phospho-tyrosine mouse detection antibody is added to detect tyrosine phosphorylation of the captured Syk protein. HRP-linked strepavidin is then used to recognize the bound detection antibody. HRP substrate, TMB, is added to develop color. The magnitude of the absorbance for this developed color is proportional to the quantity of Syk phosphorylated on tyrosine.Antibodies in kit are custom formulations specific to kit.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CST's PathScan® Phospho-Syk (panTyr) Sandwich ELISA Kit #7928 detects Syk when tyrosine phosphorylated. As shown in Figure 1, a significant induction of Syk tyrosine phosphorylation can be detected in Ramos cells following treatment with anti-human IgM using the Phospho-Syk (panTyr) Sandwich ELISA Kit #7928. The level of total Syk (phospho and nonphospho) remains unchanged as shown by western analysis. This kit detects proteins from the indicated species, as determined through in-house testing, but may also detect homologous proteins from other species.
ELISA - Western correlation
Figure 1. Treatment of Ramos cells with goat anti-human IgM stimulates tyrosine phosphorylation of Syk, detected by PathScan® Phospho-Syk (panTyr) Sandwich ELISA Kit #7928, but does not affect the level of total Syk protein detected by western analysis. The absorbance readings at 450 nm are shown in the top figure, while the corresponding western blots, using Syk Antibody #2712 (left panel), or Phospho-Syk (Tyr525/526) (C87C1) Rabbit mAb #2710 (right panel) are shown in the bottom figure.
Syk is a protein tyrosine kinase that plays an important role in intracellular signal transduction in hematopoietic cells (1-3). Syk interacts with immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motifs (ITAMs) located in the cytoplasmic domains of immune receptors (4). It couples the activated immunoreceptors to downstream signaling events that mediate diverse cellular responses, including proliferation, differentiation, and phagocytosis (4). There is also evidence of a role for Syk in nonimmune cells, and investigators have indicated that Syk is a potential tumor suppressor in human breast carcinomas (5). Tyr323 is a negative regulatory phosphorylation site within the SH2-kinase linker region in Syk. Phosphorylation at Tyr323 provides a direct binding site for the TKB domain of Cbl (6,7). Tyr352 of Syk is involved in the association of PLCγ1 (8). Tyr525 and Tyr526 are located in the activation loop of the Syk kinase domain; phosphorylation at Tyr525/526 of human Syk (equivalent to Tyr519/520 of mouse Syk) is essential for Syk function (9).
- Cheng, A.M. and Chan, A.C. (1997) Curr. Opin. Immunol. 9, 528-533.
- Kurosaki, T. et al. (1997) Curr. Opin. Immunol. 9, 309-318.
- Chu, D.H. et al. (1998) Immunol. Rev. 165, 167-180.
- Turner, M. et al. (2000) Immunol. Today 21, 148-154.
- Coopman, P.J. et al. (2000) Nature 406, 742-747.
- Deckert, M. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 8867-8874.
- Rao, N. et al. (2001) EMBO J. 20, 7085-7095.
- Law, C.L. et al. (1996) Mol. Cell. Biol. 16, 1305-1315.
- Zhang, J. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 35442-35447.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7929 PathScan® Phospho-Syk (panTyr) Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair
- 7970 PathScan® Phospho-Syk (Tyr525/526) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 2710 Phospho-Syk (Tyr525/526) (C87C1) Rabbit mAb
- 2711 Phospho-Syk (Tyr525/526) Antibody
- 2715 Phospho-Syk (Tyr323) Antibody
- 2717 Phospho-Zap-70 (Tyr319)/Syk (Tyr352) (65E4) Rabbit mAb
- 2701 Phospho-Zap-70 (Tyr319)/Syk (Tyr352) Antibody
- 9417 Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-100) (Biotinylated)
- 9803 Cell Lysis Buffer (10X)
- 9808 Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS-20X)
- 9809 Phosphate Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (PBST-20X)
- 9998 BSA
- 7004 TMB Substrate
- 7002 STOP Solution
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.