Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
PathScan® RTK Signaling Antibody Array Kit (Fluorescent Readout) #7949
|7949S||1 Kit (16 multiplexed assays)||---||In Stock||---|
|7949||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|Kit Includes||Quantity||Cap Color|
|Sealing Tape||2 sheets|
|Detection Antibody Cocktail (10X )||300 µl||White|
|DyLight 680TM-linked Streptavidin (10X)||300 µl||Brown|
|Array Blocking Buffer||5 ml||Red|
|Array Diluent Buffer||15 ml||Blue|
|20X Array Wash Buffer||15 ml||White|
|Cell Lysis Buffer (10X) #9803||15 ml||Clear|
Note: Kit should be stored at 4°C with the exception of Cell Lysis Buffer, which is stored at –20°C (packaged separately).
The PathScan® RTK Signaling Antibody Array Kit (Fluorescent Readout) is a slide-based antibody array product founded upon the sandwich immunoassay principle. The array kit allows for the simultaneous detection of 28 receptor tyrosine kinases and 11 important signaling nodes when phosphorylated at tyrosine or other residues. Target-specific capture antibodies, biotinylated protein (positive control) and nonspecific IgG (negative control) have been spotted in duplicate onto nitrocellulose-coated glass slides. Each kit contains two 8-pad slides, allowing the user to test up to 16 samples. Cell lysate is incubated on the slide followed by a biotinylated detection antibody cocktail. Streptavidin-conjugated DyLight 680® is then used to visualize the bound detection antibody. A fluorescent image of the slide can then be captured with a digital imaging system and spot intensities quantified using array analysis software.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cell Signaling Technology's PathScan® RTK Signaling Antibody Array Kit detects the indicated RTKs and signaling nodes only when phosphorylated at tyrosine or specified residues (see Array Target Map). No significant crossreactivity has been observed between targets, with the exception of some crossreactivity of the FLT3 antibody with phosphorylated EphB3. In addition, Stat1 (Tyr701) and Stat3 (Tyr705) may be detected when phosphorylated at other tyrosine sites within the proteins. This kit is optimized for cell lysates diluted to a total protein concentration between 0.2 and 1 mg/ml (see Figure 4). All capture antibodies have been validated for human targets. Although this kit has not been tested with mouse lysates, it is expected than many capture antibodies will crossreact in murine systems.
- Akt (Thr308)
- Akt (Ser473)
- p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204)
- S6 Ribosomal Protein (Ser235/236)
- Stat1 (Tyr701)
- Stat3 (Tyr705)
Figure 1. Screening of cell lines using the PathScan® RTK Signaling Antibody Array (Fluorescent Readout) #7949 reveals various phosphorylated RTKs and signaling nodes. Karpas-299 and K562 cells were lysed without starvation or treatment. The fluorescent image (lower panel) and the quantification of that image (upper panel) are shown.
Figure 2. Treatment of MCF-7 cells with IGF-I stimulates phosphorylation of IGF-IR at tyrosine residues, Akt at Ser473 and p44/42 MAPK at Thr202/Tyr204 as detected by the PathScan® RTK Signaling Antibody Array Kit (Fluorescent Readout) #7949. MCF-7 cells were starved for 24 hours, then treated with 100 ng/ml IGF-I #3093 for 5 minutes at 37ºC. The fluorescent image (lower panel) and the quantification of that image (upper panel) are shown.
Figure 3. Treatment of A431 cells with EGF stimulates phosphorylation of EGFR, Akt, p44/42 MAPK and Stat3 as detected by the PathScan® RTK Signaling Antibody Array Kit (Fluorescent Readout) #7949. A431 cells were starved for 24 hours and treated with 100 ng/ml hEGF #8916 for 5 or 40 minutes. In some cases, cells were treated with either 1 μM wortmannin #9951 for 1 hour or 1 μM gefitinib for 2 hours before EGF stimulation. Fluorescence intensities obtained from the array are shown in the top panel, while western blots are shown in the bottom panel.
Figure 4. The relationship between lysate protein concentration from untreated and IGF-I treated MCF-7 cells and the relative fluorescence of phospho-IGF-IR (panTyr), phospho-Akt (Ser473) and phospho-p44/42 (Thr202/Tyr204) is shown. MCF-7 cells were starved for 24 hours, then treated with 100 ng/ml IGF-I #3093 for 5 minutes at 37ºC.
Receptor Tyrosine Kinases (RTKs) are a family of cell surface receptors that signal primarily through tyrosine phosphorylation events (1). RTKs trigger a wide range of downstream signaling cascades, including the PI3K/Akt, MAPK and Jak/Stat pathways. These pathways control basic cellular functions such as division, growth, metabolism, differentiation, migration and survival. Dysregulation of RTK signaling has been implicated in a large number of cancers (2), making RTKs popular targets for pharmaceutical intervention.
- Wojtkowiak, J.W. et al. (2012) Cancer Res 72, 3938-47. Applications: ELISA.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9803 Cell Lysis Buffer (10X)
- 9411 Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-100)
- 7160 PathScan® Phospho-Akt1 (Ser473) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7135 PathScan® Phospho-Akt (Thr308) Chemiluminescent Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7300 PathScan® Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7177 PathScan® Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Thr202/Tyr204) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7324 PathScan® Phospho-ALK (Tyr1604) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7333 PathScan® Phospho-Met (panTyr) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7335 PathScan® Phospho-VEGFR-2 (Tyr1175) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7345 PathScan® Phospho-PDGF Receptor β (Tyr751) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7212 PathScan® Phospho-TrkA (Tyr674/675) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7118 PathScan® Phospho-TrkB (Tyr706/707) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7240 PathScan® Phospho-EGF Receptor (Tyr1068) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7302 PathScan® Phospho-IGF-I Receptor β (Tyr1131) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7133 PathScan® Phospho-IRS-1 (panTyr) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7205 PathScan® Phospho-S6 Ribosomal Protein (Ser235/236) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7258 PathScan® Phospho-Insulin Receptor β (Tyr1150/1151) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7148 PathScan® Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1221/1222) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7234 PathScan® Phospho-Stat1 (Tyr701) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7171 PathScan® Phospho-Zap-70 (Tyr319) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7890 PathScan® Phospho-HER3/ErbB3 (panTyr) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7298 PathScan® Phospho-c-Kit (Tyr719) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7744 PathScan® Intracellular Signaling Array Kit (Fluorescent Readout)
- 9700 PathScan® Akt Signaling Antibody Array Kit (Fluorescent Readout)
- 12785 PathScan® EGFR Signaling Antibody Array Kit (Fluorescent Readout)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
PathScan® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DyLight™ is a trademark of Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. and its subsidiaries.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.