Product Pathways - Neuroscience
AMPA Receptor (GluR 4) (D19G9) Rabbit mAb #8010
|8010S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8010||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||100||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
AMPA Receptor (GluR 4) (D19G9) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total GluR 4 protein. This antibody also detects background bands of unknown origin between 36 and 50 kDa.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Arg860 of human GluR 4 protein.
AMPA- (α-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid), kainate-, and NMDA- (N-methyl-D-aspartate) receptors are the three main families of ionotropic glutamate-gated ion channels. AMPA receptors (AMPARs) are comprised of four subunits (GluR 1-4), which assemble as homo- or hetero-tetramers to mediate the majority of fast excitatory transmissions in the central nervous system. AMPARs are implicated in synapse formation, stabilization, and plasticity (1). In contrast to GluR 2-containing AMPARs, AMPARs that lack GluR 2 are permeable to calcium (2). Post-transcriptional modifications (alternative splicing, nuclear RNA editing) and post-translational modifications (glycosylation, phosphorylation) result in a very large number of permutations, fine-tuning the kinetic properties of AMPARs. Research studies have implicated activity changes in AMPARs in a variety of diseases including Alzheimer’s, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), stroke, and epilepsy (1).
GluR 4 containing AMPARs are found in synapses and GluR 4 delivery to synapses and cell surface expression is mediated through phosphorylation of Ser842 by PKA or PKC (3).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8070 AMPA Receptor (GluR 4) (D41A11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2460 AMPA Receptor (GluR 2/3/4) Antibody
- 3450 PSD95 (D27E11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3381 Phospho-NMDAR1 (Ser890) Antibody
- 4231 nNOS (C7D7) Rabbit mAb
- 3356 Phospho-CaMKII (Tyr231) Antibody
- 4206 Phospho-NMDAR2A (Tyr1246) Antibody
- 4782 PKA C-α Antibody
- 9921 Phospho-PKC Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 5306 AMPA Receptor (GluR 2) (D39F2) Rabbit mAb
- 3921 Phospho-AMPA Receptor (GluR 2) (Tyr869/Tyr873/Tyr876) Antibody
- 4027 Phospho-AMPA Receptor (GluR 2) (Tyr876) Antibody
- 4676 AMPA Receptor (GluR 3) (D47E3) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.