Product Pathways - Vesicle Trafficking
Rab17 (D2B2) Rabbit mAb #8013
|W IP||H M (Mk)||Endogenous||23||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Rab17 (D2B2) Rabbit mAb detects endogeneous levels of total Rab17 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Phe173 of human Rab17 protein.
Rab17 belongs to the Rab family of small Ras-like GTPases. It is specifically expressed in epithelial cells and is upregulated during cell polarization (1). Immunofluorescence staining studies indicate that Rab17 is associated with the perinuclear recycling endosome in nonpolarized epithelial cells and with the apical recycling endosome in polarized epithelial cells (2). The function of Rab17 remains unclear. Reports of Rab17 colocalization with internalized IgA in the apical endosome suggest that it may regulate receptor-mediated transcytosis (3). Rab17 has also been shown to regulate melanocytic filopodia formation and melanosome trafficking. siRNA knockdown of Rab17 in melanoma cells induces melanosome accumulation in the cell periphery (4).
- Lütcke, A. et al. (1993) J Cell Biol 121, 553-64.
- Zacchi, P. et al. (1998) J Cell Biol 140, 1039-53.
- Hunziker, W. and Peters, P.J. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 15734-41.
- Beaumont, K.A. et al. (2011) Traffic 12, 627-43.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.