Product Pathways - Protein Folding
Hip (10B7-C3) Mouse mAb #8014
|8014S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8014||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||49||Mouse IgG2a|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Hip (10B7-C3) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Hip (Hsc70-interacting) protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to rat Hip protein.
Hip (HSP70-interacting protein), also known as ST13 (suppression of tumorigenicity protein 13), is one of several co-chaperones that regulate activities of the HSP70 chaperone family (1,2). The homo-oligomeric protein Hip cooperates with HSP70 in protein folding by stabilizing the ADP-bound state of HSP70. Hip directly binds to the ATPase domain of HSP70 when it is converted to the ADP-bound state by proteins of the HSP40 family (3). By collaborating with other positive co-factors such as HSP40 and Hop, or competing with negative co-factors such as Bag1, Hip may facilitate the chaperone function of HSP70 in protein folding and repair, and in controlling the activity of regulatory proteins such as steroid receptors and various regulators of proliferation or apoptosis (4-8).
- Prapapanich, V. et al. (1996) Mol. Endocrino.l 10, 420-431.
- Gebauer, M. et al. (1997) FEBS Lett. 417, 109-113.
- Höhfeld, J. et al. (1995) Cell 83, 589-.98.
- Frydman, J. and Höhfeld, J. (1997) Trends Biochem. Sci. 22, 87-92.
- Nollen, E.A. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 4677-4682.
- Fan, G.H. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 6590-6597.
- Nelson, G.M. et al. (2004) Mol. Endocrinol. 18, 1620-1630.
- Shi, Z.Z. et al. (2007) J. Zhejiang Univ. Sci. B. 8, 170-176.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2723 Hip Antibody
- 3847 E2-25K/Hip2 Antibody
- 4868 HSP40 Antibody
- 4869 HSP60 (D85) Antibody
- 4870 HSP60 (D307) Antibody
- 4872 HSP70 Antibody
- 4873 HSP70 (6B3) Rat mAb
- 4874 HSP90 Antibody
- 4875 HSP90 (E289) Antibody
- 4876 HSP70 (D69) Antibody
- 4356 HSF1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.