Product Pathways - Protein Stability
USP1 (D37B4) Rabbit mAb #8033
|W IP||H M Mk (R)||Endogenous||110||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
USP1 (D37B4) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total USP1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu768 of human USP1 protein.
Ubiquitinating enzymes (UBEs) catalyze protein ubiquitination, a reversible process countered by deubiquitinating enzymes (DUB) action (1,2). There are five DUB subfamilies including the USP, UCH, OTU, MJD, and JAMM enzymes. USP1 belongs to the USP subfamily and is regulated in a cell cycle dependent manner by both transcriptional and ubiquitin-proteosomal mechanisms (3). USP1 is a nuclear protein and localizes to chromatin where it is specifically associated with FANCD2. USP1 deubiquitinates monoubiquitinated FANCD2, which plays an important role in DNA damage repair and Chk1 protein stability (3,4). Another important target of USP1 is PCNA. USP1 deubiquitinates monoubiquitinated PCNA, thereby negatively regulating PCNA-mediated translesion synthesis (TLS) during DNA repair (5). USP1 interaction with UAF1, a WD40 repeat-containing protein, leads to formation of an activated USP1/UAF1 complex, which is required for the deubiquitinase activity of USP1 (6,7).
- Nijman, S.M. et al. (2005) Cell 123, 773-86.
- Nalepa, G. et al. (2006) Nat Rev Drug Discov 5, 596-613.
- Nijman, S.M. et al. (2005) Mol Cell 17, 331-9.
- Guervilly, J.H. et al. (2011) Hum Mol Genet , .
- Huang, T.T. et al. (2006) Nat Cell Biol 8, 339-47.
- Cohn, M.A. et al. (2007) Mol Cell 28, 786-97.
- Cohn, M.A. et al. (2009) J Biol Chem 284, 5343-51.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.