Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Cleaved GGA3 (Asp313) (D16H3) Rabbit mAb #8068
|W IP||H Mk||Endogenous||32||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cleaved GGA3 (Asp313) (D16H3) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of GGA3 protein only when cleaved at Asp313.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asp313 of human GGA3 protein.
GGA3 is a member of the GGA family of proteins which also includes GGA1 and GGA2. These proteins consist of four distinct segments: a VHS domain that binds the di-leucine sorting signal DXXLL; a GAT domain that binds Arf-GTP; a hinge region that recruits clathrin; and a GAE domain that has sequence similarity to γ-adaptin and recruits a number of proteins. Arf1-GTPase recruits GGA3 to the trans-Golgi network. GGAs sort acid hydrolases to the lysosome and are involved in transporting proteins containing the DXXLL signal from the Golgi complex to the endosome (1). During apoptosis or cerebral ischemia, GGA3 is cleaved by caspase-3 at Asp313, reducing GGA3 levels and lysosomal degradation of β-secretase (BACE). The resulting elevated amount and activity of BACE plays a role in amyloid-β (Aβ) production, consistent with BACE elevation and Aβ accumulation in Alzheimer’s Disease (2).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5606 BACE (D10E5) Rabbit mAb
- 4167 GGA3 Antibody
- 9664 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (5A1E) Rabbit mAb
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.