Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
Phospho-Jak2 (Tyr1008) (D4A8) Rabbit mAb #8082
|W F||H M (R) (Mk) (X) (B) (Pg)||Endogenous||125||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey X=Xenopus B=Bovine Pg=Pig
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Jak2 (Tyr1008) (D4A8) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of Jak2 protein only when phosphorylated at Tyr1008. This antibody also reacts with Jak2 when dually phosphorylated at Tyr1007 and Tyr1008. Cross-reactivity was not observed with other Jak family members by western blot.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr1008 of human Jak2 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from BaF3 cells, untreated or treated with Mouse Interleukin-3 (mIL-3) #8923 (10 ng/ml, 5 min), using Phospho-Jak2 (Tyr1008) (D4A8) Rabbit mAb (upper) or total Jak2 (D2E12) XP® Rabbit mAb #3230 (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from SET-2 cells, untreated or treated with the Jak2 inhibitor FLLL31 (10 μM, 4 hr), using Phospho-Jak2 (Tyr1008) (D4A8) Rabbit mAb (upper) or total Jak2 (D2E12) XP® Rabbit mAb #3230 (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from LNCaP cells, untreated or treated with growth hormone (GH) (100 ng/ml, 5 min), using Phospho-Jak2 (Tyr1008) (D4A8) Rabbit mAb (upper) or total Jak2 (D2E12) XP® Rabbit mAb #3230 (lower).
Members of the Janus family of tyrosine kinases (Jak1, Jak2, Jak3, and Tyk2) are activated by ligands binding to a number of associated cytokine receptors (1). Upon cytokine receptor activation, Jak proteins become autophosphorylated and phosphorylate their associated receptors to provide multiple binding sites for signaling proteins. These associated signaling proteins, such as Stats (2), Shc (3), insulin receptor substrates (4), and focal adhesion kinase (FAK) (5), typically contain SH2 or other phospho-tyrosine-binding domains.
Jak2 signaling is associated with a number of cytokines, growth factors, and hormones including IL-3, IL-5, IL-6, granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF), erythropoietin (EPO), thrombopoietin (TPO) growth hormone, prolactin, and leptin (6-13). The oncogenic potential of Jak2 has been realized though translocations and point mutations resulting in its enhanced, de-regualated kinase activity, making Jak2 a potential therapeutic target. Jak2 gene translocations resulting in fusions with the TEL (TEL-JAK2) and PCM1 (PCM1-JAK2) have been found in leukemia patients (14,15). An activating point mutation in Jak2 resulting in a valine to phenylalanine switch at position 617 (V617F) has been implicated in myeloproliferative disorders including polycythemia vera and essential thrombocythemia (16).
- Leonard, W.J. and O'Shea, J.J. (1998) Annu Rev Immunol 16, 293-322.
- Darnell, J.E. (1997) Science 277, 1630-5.
- VanderKuur, J. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 7587-93.
- Argetsinger, L.S. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 14685-92.
- Zhu, T. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 10682-9.
- Quelle, F.W. et al. (1994) Mol Cell Biol 14, 4335-41.
- Witthuhn, B.A. et al. (1993) Cell 74, 227-36.
- Tortolani, P.J. et al. (1995) Blood 85, 3444-51.
- Pallard, C. et al. (1995) EMBO J 14, 2847-56.
- Narazaki, M. et al. (1994) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 91, 2285-9.
- Argetsinger, L.S. et al. (1993) Cell 74, 237-44.
- Rui, H. et al. (1994) J Biol Chem 269, 5364-8.
- Ghilardi, N. and Skoda, R.C. (1997) Mol Endocrinol 11, 393-9.
- Lacronique, V. et al. (1997) Science 278, 1309-12.
- Reiter, A. et al. (2005) Cancer Res 65, 2662-7.
- Kralovics, R. et al. (2005) N Engl J Med 352, 1779-90.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3230 Jak2 (D2E12) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4406 Phospho-Jak2 (Tyr1007) (D15E2) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.