Product Pathways - Neuroscience
CASK (D14E3) Rabbit mAb #8096
|W||H M R||Endogenous||105||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CASK (D14E3) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total CASK protein. This antibody also detects a background band of unknown origin at 75 kDa.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly233 of human CASK protein.
CASK is an adaptor protein with a calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase domain, an SH3 domain, a guanylate kinase homology domain (GUK), and a PDZ domain. CASK links transmembrane proteins to the cytoskeleton and signaling molecules. In particular, CASK binds to neurexin to stabilize pre- and post-synaptic structures (1). While most CASK protein (~80%) is cytoplasmic, a portion of the protein enters the nucleus, where it acts as a transcriptional coactivator (2). Transgenic mice with CASK insertional mutations die within 24 hours of birth (3).
- Hata, Y. et al. (1996) J Neurosci 16, 2488-94.
- Hsueh, Y.P. et al. (2000) Nature 404, 298-302.
- Laverty, H.G. and Wilson, J.B. (1998) Genomics 53, 29-41.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3361 Phospho-CaMKII (Thr286) Antibody
- 4782 PKA C-α Antibody
- 5842 PKA C-α (D38C6) Rabbit mAb
- 8968 CASK (D24B12) Rabbit mAb
- 9497 CASK (D38F6) Rabbit mAb
- 5843 GAD2 (D5G2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 6897 Bassoon (D63B6) Rabbit mAb
- 5297 Synapsin-1 (D12G5) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3450 PSD95 (D27E11) XP® Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.