Product Pathways - Apoptosis
TECPR1 (D6C10) Rabbit mAb #8097
|W||H M R||Endogenous||130||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TECPR1 (D6C10) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total TECPR1 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with TECPR2. A background band of unknown origin around 200 kDa is detected in some cell lines.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding His900 of human TECPR1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct expressing full-length human TECPR1 (hTECPR1; +), using TECPR1 (D6C10) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using TECPR1 (D6C10) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from H-4-II-E cells, untreated (-) or treated (+) with chloroquine (50 μM, overnight), using TECPR1 (D6C10) Rabbit mAb (upper) and β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Tectonin β-propeller repeat protein (TECPR1) was first identified as DKFZP434B0335, a human ortholog of the yeast protein Pex23p (1). TECPR1 contains a pleckstrin homology (PH) domain, β-propeller domain, and dysferlin domains. Research studies have shown that elevated expression of TECPR1 may be a potential marker for prostate cancer (2). In several independent studies, TECPR1 was shown to play a role in autophagy through interaction with Atg5 (3-5). Atg5 is a protein that is conjugated to the ubiquitin-like protein Atg12 and plays an essential role in autophagy (6). Initial studies suggested that TECPR1 plays a role in selective autophagy processes by targeting bacterial pathogens, as well as damaged mitochondria and protein aggregates (4). TECPR1 appears to be important for autophagosome maturation and promotes autophagosome fusion with the lysosome (5). Deletion of TECPR1 leads to an accumulation of autophagosomes (5).
- Jeynov, B. et al. (2006) FEBS Lett 580, 5917-24.
- Bull, J.H. et al. (2001) Br J Cancer 84, 1512-9.
- Behrends, C. et al. (2010) Nature 466, 68-76.
- Ogawa, M. et al. (2011) Cell Host Microbe 9, 376-89.
- Chen, D. et al. (2012) Mol Cell 45, 629-41.
- Mizushima, N. et al. (1998) Nature 395, 395-8.
- Chen, D. et al. (2012) Mol Cell 45, 629-41. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.