Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (D3A7) XP® Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) #8119
|F||H M R Mk (Hm) (B) (Pg) (Hr)||Endogenous||79, 86||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey B=Bovine Pg=Pig Hr=Horse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (D3A7) XP® Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) detects endogenous levels of Stat3 only when phosphorylated at Tyr705. This antibody does not cross-react with phospho-EGFR or the corresponding phospho-tyrosines of other Stat proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr705 of mouse Stat3 protein.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is conjugated to phycoerythrin (PE) and tested in-house for direct flow cytometry analysis in human cells. The antibody is expected to exhibit the same species cross-reactivity as the unconjugated Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (D3A7) XP® Rabbit mAb #9145.
The Stat3 transcription factor is an important signaling molecule for many cytokines and growth factor receptors (1) and is required for murine fetal development (2). Research studies have shown that Stat3 is constitutively activated in a number of human tumors (3,4) and possesses oncogenic potential (5) and anti-apoptotic activities (3). Stat3 is activated by phosphorylation at Tyr705, which induces dimerization, nuclear translocation, and DNA binding (6,7). Transcriptional activation seems to be regulated by phosphorylation at Ser727 through the MAPK or mTOR pathways (8,9). Stat3 isoform expression appears to reflect biological function as the relative expression levels of Stat3α (86 kDa) and Stat3β (79 kDa) depend on cell type, ligand exposure, or cell maturation stage (10). It is notable that Stat3β lacks the serine phosphorylation site within the carboxy-terminal transcriptional activation domain (8).
- Heim, M.H. (2001) J Recept Signal Transduct Res 19, 75-120.
- Takeda, K. et al. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94, 3801-4.
- Catlett-Falcone, R. et al. (1999) Immunity 10, 105-15.
- Garcia, R. and Jove, R. (1998) J Biomed Sci 5, 79-85.
- Bromberg, J.F. et al. (1999) Cell 98, 295-303.
- Darnell, J.E. et al. (1994) Science 264, 1415-21.
- Ihle, J.N. (1995) Nature 377, 591-4.
- Wen, Z. et al. (1995) Cell 82, 241-50.
- Yokogami, K. et al. (2000) Curr Biol 10, 47-50.
- Biethahn, S. et al. (1999) Exp Hematol 27, 885-94.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9145 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (D3A7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9134 Phospho-Stat3 (Ser727) Antibody
- 9136 Phospho-Stat3 (Ser727) (6E4) Mouse mAb
- 9139 Stat3 (124H6) Mouse mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.