Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Apoptosis Marker: SignalStain® Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) IHC Detection Kit #8120
|Kit Includes||Cap Color|
|Cleaved Caspase-3 Blocking Peptide||Dark Blue|
|Prediluted Negative Control||Brown|
|Prediluted Cleaved Caspase-3 (D175) Ab #9661||Purple|
|Biotinylated Secondary Ab||Green|
|NovaRED Substrate 1 (TM)||Red|
|NovaRED Substrate 2 (TM)||Red|
|NovaRED Substrate 3 (TM)||Red|
|NovaRED Substrate 4 (TM)||Red|
NovaRED™ is a trademark of Vector Laboratories.
CST’s Apoptosis Marker: SignalStain® Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) IHC Detection Kit is a "ready to use" system designed to detect the activation of caspase-3 in human tissue and cell preps by immunohistochemistry. The kit utilizes the ABC immunoperoxidase method to detect endogenous levels of caspase-3 protein. Prediluted Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Antibody is bound by a biotinylated secondary antibody. Avidin DH and biotinylated horseradish peroxidase are complexed by mixing defined amounts prior to use, and the mixture subsequently binds the secondary antibody. The macromolecular complex is localized by incubation with NovaRED™ enzyme substrate.The prediluted primary antibody, along with the ABC system, allows the user to examine caspase-3 localization consistently and offers the highest sensitivity with the lowest background.
H M (R)
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Apoptosis Marker: SignalStain® Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) IHC Detection Kit detects endogenous levels of the large fragment (17/19 kDa) of activated caspase-3 resulting from cleavage adjacent to Asp175. This antibody does not recognize full length caspase-3 or other cleaved caspases. This kit was developed for and is recommended for immunohistochemistry only.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino-terminal residues surrounding to Asp175 in human caspase-3. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Caspase-3 (CPP-32, Apoptain, Yama, SCA-1) is a critical executioner of apoptosis, as it is either partially or totally responsible for the proteolytic cleavage of many key proteins, such as the nuclear enzyme poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) (1). Activation of caspase-3 requires proteolytic processing of its inactive zymogen into activated p17 and p12 fragments. Cleavage of caspase-3 requires the aspartic acid residue at the P1 position (2).
- Fernandes-Alnemri, T. et al. (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269, 30761-30764.
- Nicholson, D. W. et al. (1995) Nature 376, 37-43.
- Gown, A.M. and Willingham, M.C. (2002) Improved detection of apoptotic cells in archival paraffin sections: immunohistochemistry using antibodies to cleaved caspase 3. J. Histochem. Cytochem. , 449-454. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin)
- DiCunto, F. et al. (2000) Defective neurogenesis in citron kinase knockout mice by altered cytokinesis and massive apoptosis. Neuron 28, 115-127. Applications: Flow Cytometry IHC-P (paraffin)
- Olney, J. W. et al. (2002) Induced apoptotic neurodegeneration in the developing C57BL/6 mouse brain. Brain Res. Dev. Brain Res. 133 (2), 115-126. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin)
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 1050 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Blocking Peptide
- 9661 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Antibody
- 8104 SignalSlide® Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) IHC Controls
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.