Product Pathways - Metabolism
IDH1 (D2H1) Rabbit mAb #8137
|W IP IF-IC F||H M R Mk||Endogenous||46||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
IDH1 (D2H1) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total IDH1 protein. This antibody does not recognize endogenous IDH2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Arg222 of human IDH1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using IDH1 (D2H1) Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of HeLa cells using IDH1 (D2H1) Rabbit mAb (blue) compared to concentration-matched Rabbit(DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (red).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of 293T cells using IDH1 (D2H1) Rabbit mAb (green). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
IDH1 is one of three isocitrate dehydrogenases that catalyze the oxidative decarboxylation of isocitrate to α-ketoglutarate (α-KG). These enzymes exist in two distinct subclasses that utilize either NAD or NADP+ respectively, as an electron acceptor (1). IDH1 is the NADP+-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase found in the cytoplasm and peroxisomes. IDH2 and 3 are mitochodrial enzymes that also function in the Krebs cycle. IDH1 is inactivated by phosphorylation at Ser113 and contains a clasp-like domain wherein both polypeptide chains in the dimer interlock (2,3). IDH1 is expressed in a wide range of species and also in organisms that lack a complete citric acid cycle. Recently, an inactivating mutation of IDH1 has been implicated in glioblastoma (4). IDH1 appears to function as a tumor suppressor that, when mutationally inactivated, contributes to tumorigenesis in part through induction of the HIF-1 pathway (5).
- Ramachandran, N. and Colman, R.F. (1980) J Biol Chem 255, 8859-64.
- Bennett, P.M. and Holms, W.H. (1975) J Gen Microbiol 87, 37-51.
- Hurley, J.H. et al. (1990) Science 249, 1012-6.
- Bleeker, F.E. et al. (2009) Hum Mutat 30, 7-11.
- Zhao, S. et al. (2009) Science 324, 261-5.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3997 IDH1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.