Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
PDLIM2 Antibody #8144
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PDLIM2 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total PDLIM2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly255 of human PDLIM2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines and mouse lung using PDLIM2 Antibody.
PDLIM2, also known as Mystique, contains an amino-terminal PDZ domain and a carboxy-terminal LIM domain. PDLIM2 was orginally found to be associated with cytoskeletal proteins in epithelial cells to promote cell attachment and migration (1,2). Subsequent studies have shown that PDLIM2 can also inhibit NF-κB activity by acting as a nuclear ubiquitin E3 ligase for p65 (3). PDLIM2 is suppressed in cancer cell lines by DNA methylation (4,5). Expression of PDLIM2 can inhibit anchorage-independent growth and tumor formation.
- Torrado, M. et al. (2004) Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45, 3955-63.
- Loughran, G. et al. (2005) Mol Biol Cell 16, 1811-22.
- Tanaka, T. et al. (2007) Nat Immunol 8, 584-91.
- Qu, Z. et al. (2010) Cancer Res 70, 1766-72.
- Qu, Z. et al. (2010) J Biol Chem 285, 11786-92.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.