Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
SGK3 (D18D1) Rabbit mAb #8156
|8156S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8156||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||61||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
SGK3 (D18D1) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogeneous levels of total SGK3 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asp450 of human SGK3 protein.
Serum and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase (SGK) is a serine/threonine kinase closely related to Akt (1). SGK is rapidly induced in response to a variety of stimuli, including serum, glucocorticoid, follicle stimulating hormone, osmotic shock, and mineralocorticoids. SGK activation can be accomplished via HGF PI3K-dependent pathways and by integrin-mediated PI3K-independent pathways (2,3). Induction and activation of SGK has been implicated in activating the modulation of anti-apoptotic and cell cycle regulation (4-6). SGK also plays an important role in activating certain potassium, sodium, and chloride channels, suggesting its involvement in the regulation of processes such as cell survival, neuronal excitability, and renal sodium excretion (2). SGK is negatively regulated by ubiquitination and proteasome degradation (7).
SGK3 has been shown to be a downstream signaling molecule in the PI3K pathway. Its activation and phosphorylation at Thr320 by PDK1 has been suggested to be an Akt-independent manner of signaling in cancer (8).
- Webster, M.K. et al. (1993) Mol Cell Biol 13, 2031-40.
- Kobayashi, T. and Cohen, P. (1999) Biochem J 339 ( Pt 2), 319-28.
- Park, J. et al. (1999) EMBO J 18, 3024-33.
- Brunet, A. et al. (2001) Mol Cell Biol 21, 952-65.
- Mikosz, C.A. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 16649-54.
- Hayashi, M. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 8631-4.
- Brickley, D.R. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 43064-70.
- Vasudevan, K.M. et al. (2009) Cancer Cell 16, 21-32.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5642 Phospho-SGK3 (Thr320) (D30E6) Rabbit mAb
- 8573 SGK3 (D42C2) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.