Product Pathways - Stem Cell and Lineage Markers
Oct-1 (D7B6) Rabbit mAb #8157
|8157S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8157||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Oct-1 (D7B6) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Oct-1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala367 of human Oct-1 protein.
Oct-1 (POU2F1) is a ubiquitously expressed, octamer-binding transcription factor containing a POU domain with a homeobox subdomain (1). Oct-1 has been shown to interact with several transcription factors in mediating specific gene expression, including SNAPc (2), OBF-1 (a B-cell transcriptional coactivator protein) (3), TFIIB (4), and TBP (TATA-box-binding protein) (5). Its POU DNA-binding domain allows Oct-1 the flexibility to facilitate the binding and recruitment of several tissue-specific cofactors to either positively or negatively regulate a variety of genes, exerting an important role in development (6).
- Sturm, R.A. et al. (1988) Genes Dev 2, 1582-99.
- Mittal, V. et al. (1996) Mol Cell Biol 16, 1955-65.
- Strubin, M. et al. (1995) Cell 80, 497-506.
- Nakshatri, H. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 19613-23.
- Zwilling, S. et al. (1994) Nucleic Acids Res 22, 1655-62.
- Schonemann, M.D. et al. (1998) Adv Exp Med Biol 449, 39-53.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4428 Oct-1 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.