Product Pathways - Translational Control
eIF3J (D21G7) XP® Rabbit mAb #8161
|8161S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8161P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8161||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||35||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
eIF3J (D21G7) XP® Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total eIF3J protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Val251 of human eIF3J protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using eIF3J (D21G7) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with eIF3J-specific siRNA (+), using eIF3J (D21G7) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells, mock transfected or transfected with eIF3J-specific siRNA, using eIF3J (D21G7) XP® Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Translation initiation requires a set of factors to facilitate the association of the 40S ribosomal subunit with mRNA. The eIF4F complex, consisting of eIF4E, eIF4A, and eIF4G, binds to the 5' cap structure of mRNA. eIF4F and eIF4B unwind the secondary structure of mRNA at its 5' untranslated region. The 40S ribosomal subunit, along with some initiation factors including eIF3, then binds to the 5' mRNA cap and searches along the mRNA for the initiation codon. eIF3 is a large translation initiation complex with 10 to 13 different subunits. eIF3A, eIF3B, eIF3C, eIF3E, eIF3F, and eIF3H are the core subunits critical for the function of this complex. eIF3 physically interacts with eIF4G, which may be responsible for the association of the 40S ribosomal subunit with mRNA (1). eIF3 also stabilizes the binding of Met-tRNAf.eIF2.GTP to the 40S ribosomal subunit and helps keep the integrity of the resulting complex upon addition of the 60S ribosomal subunit (2). Studies have shown that mTOR interacts with eIF3 directly (3,4). When cells are stimulated by hormones or mitogenic signals, mTOR binds to the eIF3 complex and phosphorylates S6K1 (3). This process results in the dissociation of S6K1 from eIF3 and S6K1 activation. The activated S6K1 then phosphorylates its downstream targets including ribosomal protein S6 and eIF4B, resulting in stimulation of translation. Further findings demonstrated that activated mTOR signaling induces the association of eIF3 with eIF4G upon stimulation with insulin (3).
One of the smallest subunits of eIF3, eIF3j, is critical in 40S initiation complex assembly (5). eIF3j has been shown to associate with the aminoacyl site and mRNA entry channel of the 40S ribosomal subunit (6). eIF3j has also been shown to play an additional role in the recycling of post-termination complexes (7).
- Masutani, M. et al. (2007) EMBO J 26, 3373-83.
- Chaudhuri, J. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 17975-80.
- Holz, M.K. et al. (2005) Cell 123, 569-80.
- Harris, T.E. et al. (2006) EMBO J 25, 1659-68.
- Fraser, C.S. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 8946-56.
- Fraser, C.S. et al. (2007) Mol Cell 26, 811-9.
- Pisarev, A.V. et al. (2007) Cell 131, 286-99.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3261 eIF3J Antibody
- 5324 eIF2α (D7D3) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2103 eIF2α (L57A5) Mouse mAb
- 3597 Phospho-eIF2α (Ser51) (119A11) Rabbit mAb
- 9722 eIF2α Antibody
- 9721 Phospho-eIF2α (Ser51) Antibody
- 3595 eIF2B-ε Antibody
- 3411 eIF3A (D51F4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2538 eIF3A Antibody
- 2068 eIF3C Antibody
- 3413 eIF3H (D9C1) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2013 eIF4A (C32B4) Rabbit mAb
- 2425 eIF4A (F52) Antibody
- 2490 eIF4A1 Antibody
- 2067 eIF4E (C46H6) Rabbit mAb
- 2469 eIF4G (C45A4) Rabbit mAb
- 2617 eIF4G (C65H5) Rabbit mAb
- 2498 eIF4G Antibody
- 3468 eIF4G2/p97 (D1A10) Rabbit mAb
- 5169 eIF4G2/p97 (D88B6) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 8701 eIF4GI (D6A6) Rabbit mAb
- 2858 eIF4GI Antibody
- 3469 eIF4H (D85F2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2444 eIF4H Antibody
- 2480 eIF5 Antibody
- 3833 eIF6 (D16E9) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3263 eIF6 Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.