Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Sec23A Antibody #8162
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||82||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Sec23A Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total Sec23A protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Phe717 of human Sec23A protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
There are two isoforms of Sec23 protein: Sec23A and Sec23B. Both isoforms have been shown in the Sec23/24 complex, which is a component of COPII coat (1). COPII is composed of at least five proteins: the Sec23/24 complex, the Sec13/31 complex, and Sar1. COPII coat is located at the ER/Golgi interface and involved in transport of newly synthesized proteins from the ER to the Golgi apparatus (2). COPII formation is initiated through binding of the activated G protein, Sar1, to the Sec23/24 complex to form a prebudding complex, which directly binds target molecules (2-4). The prebudding complex further recruits Sec13/31 to form mature COPII coat (5,6). In addition to being a COPII component, Sec23 has also been shown to interact with p125 and Sec16 at the transitional ER; these interactions are important for regulation of the COPII transportation function (7,8).
- Paccaud, J.P. et al. (1996) Mol Biol Cell 7, 1535-46.
- Aridor, M. et al. (1998) J Cell Biol 141, 61-70.
- Miller, E.A. et al. (2003) Cell 114, 497-509.
- Mossessova, E. et al. (2003) Cell 114, 483-95.
- Barlowe, C. et al. (1994) Cell 77, 895-907.
- Bi, X. et al. (2007) Dev Cell 13, 635-45.
- Iinuma, T. et al. (2007) J Biol Chem 282, 17632-9.
- Hughes, H. et al. (2009) J Cell Sci 122, 2924-34.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.