Product Pathways - Metabolism
C/EBPα (D56F10) XP® Rabbit mAb #8178
|W IP IHC-P IF-IC||H M (R) (Z)||Endogenous||42, 28||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Z=Zebrafish
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
C/EBPα (D56F10) XP® Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total C/EBPα protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala176 of human C/EBPα protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Hep G2 and LNCaP cells using C/EBPα (D56F10) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded mouse lung using C/EBPα (D56F10) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded cell pellets, THP-1 (left) or Jurkat (right), using C/EBPα (D56F10) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human hepatocellular carcinoma using C/EBPα (D56F10) XP® Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human tonsil using C/EBPα (D56F10) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of THP-1 (left) and Jurkat (right) cells using C/EBPα (D56F10) XP® Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
CCAAT/enhancer-binding proteins (C/EBPs) are a family of transcription factors that are critical for cellular differentiation, terminal function, and inflammatory response (1). Six members of the family have been characterized (C/EBPα, β, δ, γ, ε, and ζ) and are distributed in a variety of tissues (1). Translation from alternative start codons results in two isoforms of C/EBPα (p42 and p30), which are both strong transcriptional activators (2). It has been reported that insulin and insulin-like growth factor-I stimulate the dephosphorylation of C/EBPα, which may play a key role in insulin-induced repression of GLUT4 transcription (3). Phosphorylation of C/EBPα at Thr222, Thr226, and Ser230 by GSK-3 seems to be required for adipogenesis (4).
- Lekstrom-Hims, J. and Xanthopoulos, K.G. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 28545-28548.
- Lin, F. et al. (1993) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 90, 9606-9610.
- Hemati, N. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 25913-25919.
- Ross, S.E. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell. Biol. 19, 8433-8441.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2295 C/EBPα Antibody
- 2844 Phospho-C/EBPalpha (Thr222/226) Antibody
- 2841 Phospho-C/EBPalpha (Ser21) Antibody
- 2843 C/EBPalpha (p42) Antibody
- 2318 C/EBPδ Antibody
- 3082 C/EBPbeta Antibody
- 3081 Phospho-C/EBPbeta (Ser105) Antibody (Rat Specific)
- 3084 Phospho-C/EBPbeta (Thr235) Antibody
- 3087 C/EBPβ (LAP) Antibody
- 5554 CHOP (D46F1) Rabbit mAb
- 2895 CHOP (L63F7) Mouse mAb
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.