Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Phospho-Rb (Ser780) (D59B7) Rabbit mAb #8180
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||110||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Rb (Ser780) (D59B7) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of Rb protein only when phosphorylated at Ser780.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser780 of human Rb protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from WI-38 cells, serum-starved for 3 days (-) or serum-starved for 3 days followed by treatment with 10% serum for 2 days (+), using Phospho-Rb (Ser780) (D59B7) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of phosphorylated or nonphosphorylated recombinant, truncated Rb, without or with Rb blocking peptide, using Phospho-Rb (Ser780) (D59B7) Rabbit mAb.
Immunoprecipitation of phospho-Rb (Ser780) from WI-38 cell extracts using Phospho-Rb (Ser780) (D59B7) Rabbit mAb (lane 2). Western blot was performed using the same antibody. Lane 1 is 10% input.
The retinoblastoma tumor suppressor protein, Rb, regulates cell proliferation by controlling progression through the restriction point within the G1-phase of the cell cycle (1). Rb has three functionally distinct binding domains and interacts with critical regulatory proteins including the E2F family of transcription factors, c-Abl tyrosine kinase, and proteins with a conserved LXCXE motif (2-4). Cell cycle-dependent phosphorylation by a CDK inhibits Rb target binding and allows cell cycle progression (5). Rb inactivation and subsequent cell cycle progression likely requires an initial phosphorylation by cyclin D-CDK4/6 followed by cyclin E-CDK2 phosphorylation (6). Specificity of different CDK/cyclin complexes has been observed in vitro (6-8) and cyclin D1 is required for Ser780 phosphorylation in vivo (9).
- Sherr, C.J. (1996) Science 274, 1672-7.
- Nevins, J.R. (1992) Science 258, 424-9.
- Welch, P.J. and Wang, J.Y. (1993) Cell 75, 779-90.
- Hu, Q.J. et al. (1990) EMBO J 9, 1147-55.
- Knudsen, E.S. and Wang, J.Y. (1997) Mol Cell Biol 17, 5771-83.
- Lundberg, A.S. and Weinberg, R.A. (1998) Mol Cell Biol 18, 753-61.
- Connell-Crowley, L. et al. (1997) Mol Biol Cell 8, 287-301.
- Kitagawa, M. et al. (1996) EMBO J 15, 7060-9.
- Geng, Y. et al. (2001) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 98, 194-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2181 Phospho-Rb (Ser608) Antibody
- 9308 Phospho-Rb (Ser807/811) Antibody
- 9313 Rb (D20) Rabbit mAb
- 9309 Rb (4H1) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.