Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Myosin IIc (D4A7) Rabbit mAb #8189
|8189S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8189P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8189||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||230||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
* Product-specific protocol.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Myosin IIc (D4A7) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total myosin IIc protein. This antibody does not cross-react with myosin IIa or myosin IIb.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly656 of human myosin IIc protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Myosin IIc (D4A7) Rabbit mAb.
Nonmuscle myosin is an actin-based motor protein essential to cell motility, cell division, migration, adhesion, and polarity. The holoenzyme consists of two identical heavy chains and two sets of light chains. The light chains (MLCs) regulate myosin II activity and stability. The heavy chains (NMHCs) are encoded by three genes, MYH9, MYH10, and MYH14, which generate three different nonmuscle myosin II isoforms, IIa, IIb, and IIc, respectively (reviewed in 1). While all three isoforms perform the same enzymatic tasks, binding to and contracting actin filaments coupled to ATP hydrolysis, their cellular functions do not appear to be redundant and they have different subcellular distributions (2-5). The carboxy-terminal tail domain of myosin II is important in isoform-specific subcellular localization (6). Research studies have shown that phosphorylation of myosin IIa at Ser1943 contributes to the regulation of breast cancer cell migration (7).
- Conti, M.A. and Adelstein, R.S. (2008) J Cell Sci 121, 11-18.
- Sandquist, J.C. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 35873-83.
- Even-Ram, S. et al. (2007) Nat Cell Biol 9, 299-309.
- Vicente-Manzanares, M. et al. (2007) J Cell Biol 176, 573-80.
- Wylie, S.R. and Chantler, P.D. (2008) Mol Biol Cell 19, 3956-68.
- Sandquist, J.C. and Means, A.R. (2008) Mol Biol Cell 19, 5156-67.
- Dulyaninova, N.G. et al. (2007) Mol Biol Cell 18, 3144-55.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3403 Myosin IIa Antibody
- 3404 Myosin IIb Antibody
- 3405 Myosin IIc Antibody
- 5026 Phospho-Myosin IIa (Ser1943) Antibody
- 5144 Myosin II Isoform Antibody Sampler Kit
- 5143 MYPT1 Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.