Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
DDX3 (D19B4) Rabbit mAb #8192
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||75||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
DDX3 (D19B4) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total DDX3 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human DDX3 protein.
The DEAD box family of RNA helicases is characterized in part by a common D-E-A-D amino acid motif. The family is composed of a growing number of proteins found in a wide range of organisms from bacteria to mammals. DEAD helicases have distinct biological functions in RNA metabolism and ribonucleoprotein (RNP) processing (reviewed in 1,2).DDX3 is a DEAD box family RNA helicase with diverse cellular functions. DDX3 is required for nuclear export of HIV-1 viral transcripts, possibly in a complex with the viral Rev protein and host cofactor CRM1 (3). DDX3 is required for hepatitis C virus (HCV) RNA replication (4) and its expression is downregulated in hepatitis B virus (HBV) associated hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) (5).Recent evidence suggests that DDX3 functions as a tumor suppressor protein. Its expression inhibits tumor cell colony formation and increases expression of the cdk inhibitor p21 Waf1/Cip1. Low DDX3 expression has been shown in HCC (5,6), and aberrant subcellular localization occurs in many squamous cell carcinomas (6). Reduced DDX3 expression in cultured cells causes a diminished dependence on serum for cell proliferation and changes in cyclin D1 and p21 Waf1/Cip1 expression (5).DDX3 is phosphorylated at Thr204 and Thr323 by the mitotic cyclin dependent kinase, cyclin B/cdc2. This phosphorylation is thought to cause a loss of DDX3 function and a concomitant repression of ribosome biogenesis and translation in mitosis (7).
- Rocak, S. and Linder, P. (2004) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 5, 232-41.
- Linder, P. (2006) Nucleic Acids Res 34, 4168-80.
- Yedavalli, V.S. et al. (2004) Cell 119, 381-92.
- Ariumi, Y. et al. (2007) J Virol 81, 13922-6.
- Chang, P.C. et al. (2006) Oncogene 25, 1991-2003.
- Chao, C.H. et al. (2006) Cancer Res 66, 6579-88.
- Sekiguchi, T. et al. (2007) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 356, 668-73.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2926 Cyclin D1 (DCS6) Mouse mAb
- 2978 Cyclin D1 (92G2) Rabbit mAb
- 2947 p21 Waf1/Cip1 (12D1) Rabbit mAb
- 2635 DDX3 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.