Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Met (D1C2) XP® Rabbit mAb #8198
|8198S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8198P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8198||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human||Endogenous||140, 170||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IHC-F=Immunohistochemistry (Frozen), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
Met (D1C2) XP® Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Met protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human Met protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HT-29 (Met+), SK-BR-3 (Met-), and T-47D (Met-) cells using Met (D1C2) XP® Rabbit mAb (upper) or β-Actin Antibody #4967 (lower).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human metastatic lung carcinoma using Met (D1C2) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human hepatocellular carcinoma using Met (D1C2) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human papillary renal cell carcinoma using Met (D1C2) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded cell pellets, MKN-45 (left) and T-47D (right), using Met (D1C2) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of frozen MKN-45 xenograft using Met (D1C2) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of T-47D cells (blue) and HT-29 cells (green) using Met (D1C2) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Met, a high affinity tyrosine kinase receptor for hepatocyte growth factor (HGF, also known as scatter factor) is a disulfide-linked heterodimer made of 45 kDa α- and 145 kDa β-subunits (1,2). The α-subunit and the amino-terminal region of the β-subunit form the extracellular domain. The remainder of the β-chain spans the plasma membrane and contains a cytoplasmic region with tyrosine kinase activity. Interaction of Met with HGF results in autophosphorylation at multiple tyrosines, which recruit several downstream signaling components, including Gab1, c-Cbl, and PI3 kinase (3). These fundamental events are important for all of the biological functions involving Met kinase activity. The addition of a phosphate at cytoplasmic Tyr1003 is essential for Met protein ubiquitination and degradation (4). Phosphorylation at Tyr1234/1235 in the Met kinase domain is critical for kinase activation. Phosphorylation at Tyr1349 in the Met cytoplasmic domain provides a direct binding site for Gab1 (5). Research studies have shown that altered Met levels and/or tyrosine kinase activities are found in several types of tumors, including renal, colon, and breast. Thus, investigators have concluded that Met is an attractive potential cancer therapeutic and diagnostic target (6,7).
- Cooper, C.S. et al. (1984) Nature 311, 29-33.
- Bottaro, D.P. et al. (1991) Science 251, 802-4.
- Bardelli, A. et al. (1997) Oncogene 15, 3103-11.
- Taher, T.E. et al. (2002) J Immunol 169, 3793-800.
- Schaeper, U. et al. (2000) J Cell Biol 149, 1419-32.
- Eder, J.P. et al. (2009) Clin Cancer Res 15, 2207-14.
- Sattler, M. and Salgia, R. (2009) Update Cancer Ther 3, 109-118.
- Hyuga, S. et al. (2013) Planta Med 79, 1525-30. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3077 Phospho-Met (Tyr1234/1235) (D26) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3133 Phospho-Met (Tyr1349) (130H2) Rabbit mAb
- 3129 Phospho-Met (Tyr1234/1235) (3D7) Rabbit mAb
- 3121 Phospho-Met (Tyr1349) Antibody
- 3126 Phospho-Met (Tyr1234/1235) Antibody
- 3148 Met (L41G3) Mouse mAb
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4560 Met Antibody
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 8118 SignalSlide® Phospho-Met (Tyr1234/1235) IHC Controls
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.