Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Homer1 Antibody #8231
|W||H M R||Endogenous||46||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Homer1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Homer1 protein. This antibody may also detect isoform Homer1c.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Glu130 of human Homer1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Homer1, Homer2 and Homer3 are scaffolding proteins, composed of an EVH protein–binding domain, a coiled-coil domain and a leucine zipper domain. The EVH domain is a protein-protein binding module that binds to the proline-rich motifs PPXXF, PPXF, and LPSSP of G protein–coupled receptors (GPCRs), inositol 1,4,5-triphosphate (IP3) receptors (IP3Rs), ryanodine receptors, and TRP channels (1-2). The coiled-coil and the leucine zipper domains cause multimerization of Homers and assemble signaling proteins complexes. The Homer1 gene encodes a short isoform (Homer1a, aa 1-186) and two long isoforms (Homer1b, aa 1-354; Homer1c, aa 1-366). Homer1a lacks the coiled-coil domain and leucine zipper, antagonizing multimerization of Homers and thus disassembling signaling proteins complexes (3).
- Fagni, L. et al. (2002) Sci STKE 2002, re8.
- Yuan, J.P. et al. (2003) Cell 114, 777-89.
- Xiao, B. et al. (2000) Curr Opin Neurobiol 10, 370-4.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 5568 β3-Tubulin (D71G9) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3450 PSD95 (D27E11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5843 GAD2 (D5G2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5297 Synapsin-1 (D12G5) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5461 Synaptophysin (D35E4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3763 IP3 Receptor Antibody
- 3760 Phospho-IP3 Receptor (Ser1756) Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.