Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
ROCK2 Antibody #8236
|8236S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8236||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||160||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Monkey.
Specificity / Sensitivity
ROCK2 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total ROCK2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human ROCK2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
ROCK (Rho-associated kinase), a family of serine/threonine kinases, is an important downstream target of Rho-GTPase and plays an important role in Rho-mediated signaling. Two isoforms of ROCK have been identified: ROCK1 and ROCK2. ROCK is composed of N-terminal catalytic, coiled-coil, and C-terminal PH (pleckstrin homology) domains. The C-terminus of ROCK negatively regulates its kinase activity (1,2). Caspase-3-induced cleavage of ROCK1 and direct cleavage of ROCK2 by granzyme B (grB) activates ROCK and leads to phosphorylation of myosin light chain and inhibition of myosin phosphatase (3). This phosphorylation may account for the mechanism by which Rho regulates cytokinesis, cell motility, cell membrane blebbing during apoptosis, and smooth muscle contraction (4-6).
- Nakagawa, O. et al. (1996) FEBS Lett. 392, 189-193.
- Lee, J.H. et al. (2004) J. Cell. Biol. 167, 327-337.
- Sebbagh, M. et al. (2005) J. Exp. Med. 201, 465-471.
- Amano, M. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 20246-20249.
- Kureishi, Y. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 12257-12260.
- Totsukawa, G. et al. (2000) J. Cell Biol. 150, 797-806.
- Park, J.H. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 23132-41. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4035 ROCK1 (C8F7) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.