Product Pathways - Neuroscience
p75NTR (D4B3) XP® Rabbit mAb #8238
|W IP IF-IC||H M R||Endogenous||75||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
* Product-specific protocol.
Specificity / Sensitivity
p75NTR (D4B3) XP® Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total p75NTR protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Arg198 of human p75NTR protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from PC-3 cells, untreated (-) or ibuprofen-treated (2 mM, 24 hr) (+), and SW480 cells (-) using p75NTR (D4B3) XP® Rabbit mAb (upper) and Akt (pan) (C67E7) Rabbit mAb #4691 (lower).
The p75 neurotrophin receptor (p75NTR), a member of the TNF receptor superfamily, is distinguished by multiple cysteine-rich ligand-binding domains, a single transmembrane sequence and a noncatalytic cytoplasmic domain (1). p75NTR displays paradoxical functions when acting alone or with other receptor proteins. Working in concert with Trk receptors, p75NTR recognizes neurotrophins and transmits trophic signals into the cell. Both p75NTR and TrkA are required to activate PI3K-Akt signaling, while TrkA can individually activate the MAP kinase pathway. In contrast, p75NTR, possibly through JNK, ensures appropriate apoptosis of injured neurons and improperly targeted neonatal neurons (2).The p75NTR protein undergoes sequential cleavage similar to APP and Notch. First, α-secretase removes the p75NTR ectodomain, eliminating ligand-mediated signaling. At this point, the membrane-tethered cleavage product can still fine-tune Trk-mediated trophic actions. γ-secretase cleaves within the transmembrane domain to liberate the cytoplasmic tail from its membrane anchor and allow the p75NTR intracellular domain to translocate to the nucleus (3,4).
- Chao, M.V. (2003) Nat. Rev. Neurosci. 4, 299-309.
- Nykjaer, A. et al. (2005) Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 15, 49-57.
- Kanning, K.C. et al. (2003) J. Neurosci. 23, 5425-5436.
- Jung, K.M. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 42161-42169.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9911 Phospho-Erk1/2 Pathway Sampler Kit
- 9916 Phospho-Akt Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2508 TrkA (14G6) Rabbit mAb
- 4607 TrkB (80G2) Rabbit mAb
- 4619 Phospho-TrkA (Tyr490)/TrkB (Tyr516) (C35G9) Rabbit mAb
- 4621 Phospho-TrkA (Tyr674/675)/TrkB (Tyr706/707) (C50F3) Rabbit mAb
- 4060 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) (D9E) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4603 TrkB (80E3) Rabbit mAb
- 4609 Trk (pan) (C17F1) Rabbit mAb
- 3376 TrkC (C44H5) Rabbit mAb
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.