Product Pathways - Translational Control
SF2/ASF Antibody #8241
|8241S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8241||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||33||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
SF2/ASF Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total SF2/ASF protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala171 of human SF2/ASF protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
SF2/ASF is a member of the Ser-Arg-rich (SR) protein family of highly conserved nuclear phosphoproteins involved in pre-mRNA splicing (1). Besides its role in nuclear pre-mRNA splicing, SF2/ASF has been shown to shuttle between the nucleus and cytoplasm, suggesting additional roles in mRNA transport and cytoplasmic events (2). SF2/ASF associates with translating ribosomes and stimulates translation (3). It also activates translation initiation by suppressing the activity of 4E-BP1, which is mediated by SF2/ASF association with mTOR and the phosphatase PP2A (4). More recent studies have demonstrated a role for SF2/ASF in microRNA processing (5).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5053 Argonaute 1 (D84G10) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9388 Argonaute 1 Antibody
- 2897 Argonaute 2 (C34C6) Rabbit mAb
- 6913 Argonaute 4 (D10F10) Rabbit mAb
- 3363 Dicer Antibody
- 3364 Drosha (D28B1) Rabbit mAb
- 3410 Drosha (D30F3) Rabbit mAb
- 4049 THEX1 Antibody
- 4052 THEX1 (D2B4) Rabbit mAb
- 4317 FMRP Antibody
- 4524 FMRP (G468) Antibody
- 4173 FXR1 Antibody
- 4264 FXR1 (L662) Antibody
- 4247 FXR2 Antibody
- 2071 Mili Antibody
- 2079 Miwi (G82) Antibody
- 2025 Miwi (D478) Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.