Product Pathways - Phosphatases
PTPN18 (D7B9) Rabbit mAb #8311
|W IP||H||Endogenous||48||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PTPN18 (D7B9) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total PTPN18 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala401 of human PTPN18 protein.
PTPN18 is a member of the PEST family of nonreceptor protein tyrosine phosphatases, a group that also includes PTP-PEST and PEP (1-3). Members of this protein family contain an N-terminal catalytic domain and a noncatalytic C-terminal domain with a PEST motif that mediates protein-protein interactions (4). PTPN18 was first identified in hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs), where it was suggested to play a role in HSC differentiation (1-3). Subsequently, PTPN18 was shown to bind to c-Src kinase, forming a protein complex that functions to inhibit Src-family kinase signaling (4,5). More recently, PTPN18 expression has been shown to correlate with HER2 receptor expression in breast cancer cell lines (6,7), where it has been suggested to repress HER2 signaling (7).
- Cheng, J. et al. (1996) Blood 88, 1156-67.
- Huang, K. et al. (1996) Oncogene 13, 1567-73.
- Dosil, M. et al. (1996) Blood 88, 4510-25.
- Wang, B. et al. (2001) Mol Cell Biol 21, 1077-88.
- Rubbi, L. et al. (2011) Sci Signal 4, ra18.
- Lucci, M.A. et al. (2010) Cell Oncol 32, 361-72.
- Gensler, M. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 12110-6.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4864 PTP-PEST (AG10) Mouse mAb
- 3759 SHP-1 (C14H6) Rabbit mAb
- 3397 SHP-2 (D50F2) Rabbit mAb
- 5431 Phospho-SHP-2 (Tyr580) (D66F10) Rabbit mAb
- 3751 Phospho-SHP-2 (Tyr542) Antibody
- 5659 Non-phospho-STEP (Ser221) (D74H3) XP® Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.