Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
Acetyl-Histone H4 Antibody Sampler Kit #8346
|8346S||1 Kit (4 x 40 µl)||---||In Stock||---|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|Kit Includes||Quantity||Applications||Reactivity||Homology†||MW (kDa)||Isotype|
|Acetyl-Histone H4 (Lys12) Antibody #2591||40 µl||W, IF-IC||H, M, R, Mk||11||Rabbit|
|Acetyl-Histone H4 (Lys5) Antibody #9672||40 µl||W, IP, IHC-P, IF-IC, ChIP||H, M, R, Mk||C, Dm, X, Z, B, Pg, Hr, Ce||11||Rabbit|
|Acetyl-Histone H4 (Lys8) Antibody #2594||40 µl||W||H, M, R, Mk||Ce||11||Rabbit|
|Histone H4 (L64C1) Mouse mAb #2935||40 µl||W, IHC-P||H, M, R, Mk, Z||Dm, X, B, Hr, Ce||11||Mouse IgG1|
|Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7074||100 µl||Goat|
|Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7076||100 µl||Horse|
†Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), ChIP=Chromatin IP
Reactivity Key: H=Human, M=Mouse, R=Rat, Mk=Monkey, Z=Zebrafish
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines, untreated or TSA-treated (400 nM TSA for 12 hours), using Acetyl-Histone H4 (Lys12) Antibody #2591.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines, untreated or TSA-treated (400 nM TSA for 12 hours), using Acetyl-Histone H4 (Lys8) Antibody #2594.
The Acetyl-Histone H4 Antibody Sampler Kit provides an economical means of detecting total histone H4 as well as histone H4 acetylated at various residues including Lys12, Lys5, and Lys8. The kit contains enough primary and secondary antibody to perform four western blots with each antibody.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Each antibody in this kit recognizes only its specific target protein and does not cross-react with other family members.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic acetylated peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Lys12, Lys5 or Lys8 of human histone H4. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography. Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino-terminal sequence of human histone H4.
Modulation of chromatin structure plays an important role in the regulation of transcription in eukaryotes. The nucleosome, made up of DNA wound around eight core histone proteins (two each of H2A, H2B, H3, and H4), is the primary building block of chromatin (1). The amino-terminal tails of core histones undergo various post-translational modifications, including acetylation, phosphorylation, methylation, and ubiquitination (2-5). These modifications occur in response to various stimuli and have a direct effect on the accessibility of chromatin to transcription factors and, therefore, gene expression (6). In most species, histone H2B is primarily acetylated at Lys5, 12, 15, and 20 (4,7). Histone H3 is primarily acetylated at Lys9, 14, 18, 23, 27, and 56. Acetylation of H3 at Lys9 appears to have a dominant role in histone deposition and chromatin assembly in some organisms (2,3). Phosphorylation at Ser10, Ser28, and Thr11 of histone H3 is tightly correlated with chromosome condensation during both mitosis and meiosis (8-10). Phosphorylation at Thr3 of histone H3 is highly conserved among many species and is catalyzed by the kinase haspin. Immunostaining with phospho-specific antibodies in mammalian cells reveals mitotic phosphorylation at Thr3 of H3 in prophase and its dephosphorylation during anaphase (11).
- Workman, J.L. and Kingston, R.E. (1998) Annu Rev Biochem 67, 545-79.
- Hansen, J.C. et al. (1998) Biochemistry 37, 17637-41.
- Strahl, B.D. and Allis, C.D. (2000) Nature 403, 41-5.
- Cheung, P. et al. (2000) Cell 103, 263-71.
- Bernstein, B.E. and Schreiber, S.L. (2002) Chem Biol 9, 1167-73.
- Jaskelioff, M. and Peterson, C.L. (2003) Nat Cell Biol 5, 395-9.
- Thorne, A.W. et al. (1990) Eur J Biochem 193, 701-13.
- Hendzel, M.J. et al. (1997) Chromosoma 106, 348-60.
- Goto, H. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 25543-9.
- Preuss, U. et al. (2003) Nucleic Acids Res 31, 878-85.
- Dai, J. et al. (2005) Genes Dev 19, 472-88.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9759 Di-Methyl-Histone H4 (Lys20) Antibody
- 2960 Histone H4 (L64C1) Mouse mAb (ChIP Formulated)
- 7228 PathScan® Acetyl-Histone H4 (Lys12) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7224 PathScan® Acetyl-Histone H4 (Lys8) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7238 PathScan® Acetyl-Histone H4 Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 9933 Acetyl-Histone Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9928 Histone Deacetylase (HDAC) Antibody Sampler Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.