Product Pathways - Nuclear Receptor Signaling
Androgen Receptor (D6F11) XP® Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) #8428
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Androgen Receptor (D6F11) XP® Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) detects endogenous levels of total androgen receptor protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant protein corresponding to residues near the amino terminal region of human androgen receptor protein.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is conjugated to phycoerythrin (PE) and tested in-house for direct flow cytometry analysis in human cells. The antibody is expected to exhibit the same species cross-reactivity as the unconjugated Androgen Receptor (D6F11) XP® Rabbit mAb #5153.
Androgen receptor (AR), a zinc finger transcription factor belonging to the nuclear receptor superfamily, is activated by phosphorylation and dimerization upon ligand binding (1). This promotes nuclear localization and binding of AR to androgen response elements in androgen target genes. Research studies have shown that AR plays a crucial role in several stages of male development and the progression of prostate cancer (2,3).
- Li, J. and Al-Azzawi, F. (2009) Maturitas 63, 142-8.
- Avila, D.M. et al. (2001) J. Steroid. Biochem. Mol. Biol. 76, 135-142.
- Montgomery, J.S. et al. (2001) J. Pathol. 195, 138-146.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5153 Androgen Receptor (D6F11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7395 Androgen Receptor (D6F11) XP® Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 7397 Androgen Receptor (D6F11) XP® Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
- 3202 Androgen Receptor Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.