Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Cleaved Caspase-7 (Asp198) (D6H1) Rabbit mAb #8438
|W IF-IC F||H M R (Mk)||Endogenous||18||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cleaved Caspase-7 (Asp198) (D6H1) Rabbit mab recognizes endogenous levels of caspase-7 protein only when cleaved at Asp198.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asp198 of human caspase-7 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, C2C12, and H-4-II-E cells, untreated (-) or treated (+) with Staurosporine #9953 (1 μM, 3 hr), using Cleaved Caspase-7 (Asp198) (D6H1) Rabbit mAb (upper) and Caspase-7 Antibody #9492 (lower).
Flow cytometric analysis of Jurkat cells, untreated (blue) or etoposide-treated (green), using Cleaved Caspase-7 (Asp198) (D6H1) Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells, untreated (left) or treated with Staurosporine #9953 (1 μM, 3 hr; right), using Cleaved Caspase-7 (Asp198) (D6H1) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Caspase-7 (CMH-1, Mch3, ICE-LAP3) has been identified as a major contributor to the execution of apoptosis (1-4). Caspase-7, like caspase-3, is an effector caspase that is responsible for cleaving downstream substrates such as (ADP-ribose) polymerase and PARP (1,3). During apoptosis, caspase-7 is activated through proteolytic processsing by upstream caspases at Asp23, Asp198, and Asp206 to produce the mature subunits (1,3). Similar to caspase-2 and -3, caspase-7 preferentially cleaves substrates following the recognition sequence DEVD (5).
- Fernandes-Alnemri, T. et al. (1995) Cancer Res. 55, 6045-6052.
- Duan, H. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 1621-1625.
- Lippke, J. A. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 1825-1828.
- Cohen, G.M. (1997) Biochem. J. 326, 1-16.
- Thornberry, N. A. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 17907-17911.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9491 Cleaved Caspase-7 (Asp198) Antibody
- 9494 Caspase-7 (C7) Mouse mAb (Human Specific)
- 9492 Caspase-7 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.