Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
TCTP Antibody #8441
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||23||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TCTP Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total TCTP protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human TCTP protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Translationally controlled tumor protein (TCTP/p23/HRF) is a ubiquitously expressed and highly conserved protein involved in various cellular processes, such as its role as a histamine releasing factor in chronic allergic disease (1). TCTP binds tubulin in a cell cycle dependent manner and is associated with the mitotic spindle (2). In addition, TCTP interacts with the actin cytoskeleton to regulate cell shape (3). In mitosis, TCTP is phosphorylated by PLK at Ser46, decreasing microtubule stability (4,5). TCTP interacts with the small GTPase Rheb, possibly acting as a GEF, thereby activating the TORC1 pathway and controlling cell growth and proliferation (6,7). TCTP has also been shown to be involved in apoptosis and cell stress (8-11). In cultured cells, reduction in TCTP expression can cause loss of the malignant phenotype (12).
- MacDonald, S.M. et al. (1995) Science 269, 688-90.
- Gachet, Y. et al. (1999) J Cell Sci 112 ( Pt 8), 1257-71.
- Bazile, F. et al. (2009) Carcinogenesis 30, 555-65.
- Yarm, F.R. (2002) Mol Cell Biol 22, 6209-21.
- Dephoure, N. et al. (2008) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 105, 10762-7.
- Dong, X. et al. (2009) J Biol Chem 284, 23754-64.
- Hsu, Y.C. et al. (2007) Nature 445, 785-8.
- Susini, L. et al. (2008) Cell Death Differ 15, 1211-20.
- Bommer, U.A. et al. (2009) Oncogene [Epub ahead of print].
- Gnanasekar, M. et al. (2009) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 386, 333-7.
- Gnanasekar, M. et al. (2009) Int J Oncol 34, 1241-6.
- Tuynder, M. et al. (2002) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 99, 14976-81.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5251 Phospho-TCTP (Ser46) Antibody
- 4513 PLK1 (208G4) Rabbit mAb
- 4535 PLK1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.