Product Pathways - Neuroscience
SLC1A4 Antibody #8442
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SLC1A4 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total SLC1A4 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human SLC1A4 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
SLC1A4, also known as ASCT1, is a neutral amino acid transporter. Its other name, ASCT1, was given because it mediates obligatory exchange of alanine, serine, cysteine, and threonine (1). SLC1A4 mediates the efflux of glutamate from the neuron into the synaptic junction via calcium-independent release, as well as mediating the efflux of L-serine from glial cells and its uptake by neurons (2). SLC1A4-mediated transport is shown to involve a symmetrical potassium-independent electroneutral exchange of neutral amino acids and sodium, such that the current activated during transport is carried only by chloride ions (3).
- Takasaki, C. et al. (2007) Biomed Res 28, 61-9.
- Deng, X. et al. (2008) BMC Psychiatry 8, 58.
- Zerangue, N. and Kavanaugh, M.P. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 27991-4.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7077 Anti-rat IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.