Product Pathways - Neuroscience
SLC1A4 Antibody #8442
|8442S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8442||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
SLC1A4 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total SLC1A4 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human SLC1A4 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
SLC1A4, also known as ASCT1, is a neutral amino acid transporter. Its other name, ASCT1, was given because it mediates obligatory exchange of alanine, serine, cysteine, and threonine (1). SLC1A4 mediates the efflux of glutamate from the neuron into the synaptic junction via calcium-independent release, as well as mediating the efflux of L-serine from glial cells and its uptake by neurons (2). SLC1A4-mediated transport is shown to involve a symmetrical potassium-independent electroneutral exchange of neutral amino acids and sodium, such that the current activated during transport is carried only by chloride ions (3).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7077 Anti-rat IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.