Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
R-Ras Antibody #8446
|W IP||H Mk||Endogenous||24||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
R-Ras Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total R-Ras protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human R-Ras protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
R-Ras, a member of the small GTPase family, is homologous to H-, K- and N-Ras, but does not activate MAP kinase pathways and is only weakly oncogenic (1). Instead, R-Ras is engaged in integrin activation (2). The effector loop and the carboxy-terminal proline-rich and prenylation sites of R-Ras are critical for integrin activation (3,4). Phosphorylation by EphB2 receptor tyrosine kinase and Src at Tyr66 of R-Ras suppresses integrin activity (5,6).
- Self, A. J. et al. (2001) J. Cell Sci. 114, 1357-1366.
- Zhang, Z. et al. (1996) Cell 85, 61-69.
- Oertli, B. et al. (2000) Oncogene 19, 4961-4969.
- Wang, B. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 5222-7.
- Zou, J.X. et al. (1999) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96, 13813-8.
- Zou, J.X. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 1824-7.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.