Product Pathways - Metabolism
StAR (D10H12) XP® Rabbit mAb #8449
|W IP IF-IC||H M R||Endogenous||28||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
StAR (D10H12) XP® Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total StAR protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Arg272 of human StAR protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from MLTC-1 cells and human, mouse, and rat adrenal tissue using StAR (D10H12) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) plays a significant role in cholesterol transport from the cytoplasmic outer membrane to the inner mitochondrial membrane (1). The 37 kDa precursor is cleaved to generate an active 28 kDa protein capable of facilitating cholesterol metabolism into pregnenolone (2,3). StAR is prevalently expressed in mitochondria of steroid-producing adrenal and gonadal tissue (3). Abnormalities in StAR gene expression are impacted in autosomal Lipoid Congenial Adrenal Hyperplasia (LCAH) resulting in defects in pregnenolone and cortisol synthesis (4). The mechanism of cholesterol binding to StAR has yet to be elucidated (4).
- Caron, K.M. et al. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94, 11540-5.
- Bose, H.S. et al. (1999) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96, 7250-5.
- Manna, P.R. et al. (2002) Biol Reprod 67, 1393-404.
- Roostaee, A. et al. (2008) Biochem J 412, 553-62.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.