Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
Phospho-GSK-3α (Ser21) (D1G2) Rabbit mAb #8452
|8452S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8452||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||51||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-GSK-3α (Ser21) (D1G2) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of GSK-3α protein only when phosphorylated at Ser21.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser21 of human GSK-3α protein.
Glycogen synthase kinase-3 (GSK-3) was initially identified as an enzyme that regulates glycogen synthesis in response to insulin (1). GSK-3 is a ubiquitously expressed serine/threonine protein kinase that phosphorylates and inactivates glycogen synthase. GSK-3 is a critical downstream element of the PI3K/Akt cell survival pathway whose activity can be inhibited by Akt-mediated phosphorylation at Ser21 of GSK-3α and Ser9 of GSK-3β (2,3). GSK-3 has been implicated in the regulation of cell fate in Dictyostelium and is a component of the Wnt signaling pathway required for Drosophila, Xenopus, and mammalian development (4). GSK-3 has been shown to regulate cyclin D1 proteolysis and subcellular localization (5).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4337 GSK-3α (D80E6) Rabbit mAb
- 4818 GSK-3α (D80D1) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5558 Phospho-GSK-3β (Ser9) (D85E12) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9323 Phospho-GSK-3β (Ser9) (5B3) Rabbit mAb
- 9315 GSK-3β (27C10) Rabbit mAb
- 9832 GSK-3β (3D10) Mouse mAb
- 8566 Phospho-GSK-3α/β (Ser21/9) (D17D2) Rabbit mAb
- 5676 GSK-3α/β (D75D3) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9632 Phospho-Tau (Ser396) (PHF13) Mouse mAb
- 4019 Tau (Tau46) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.