Product Pathways - Stem Cell and Lineage Markers
Sall4 (D16H12) Rabbit mAb #8459
|8459S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8459||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human||Endogenous||80, 142||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Sall4 (D16H12) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Sall4A and Sall4B proteins. Western blot analysis detects additional bands that are likely Sall4 isoforms.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala311 of human Sall4 protein.
Members of the SALL gene family encode putative zinc finger transcription factors highly expressed during development (1). Sall4 is expressed very early in development with other pluripotency regulators, such as Oct-4 and Nanog (2). Recent studies suggest Sall4 works as a master regulator that controls its own expression and the expression of Oct-4 in a transcriptional regulation feedback loop governing stem cell pluripotency and stem cell fate (2,3). Immunohistochemical studies indicate that Sall4 is a sensitive and specific diagnostic marker for primary germ cell tumors and yolk sac tumors (4,5). Research studies have shown that Sall4 is constitutively expressed in acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and is a probable effector of the Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway in this disease (6). In addition, mutations in Sall4 have been implicated in human malformation syndromes including Duane-radial ray syndrome (Okihiro syndrome) and Acro-renal-ocular syndrome (7).
- Sweetman, D. and Münsterberg, A. (2006) Dev Biol 293, 285-93.
- Yang, J. et al. (2008) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 105, 19756-61.
- Yang, J. et al. (2010) PLoS One 5, e10766.
- Mei, K. et al. (2009) Mod Pathol 22, 1628-36.
- Miertus, J. et al. (2006) Hum Genet 119, 154-61.
- Ma, Y. et al. (2006) Blood 108, 2726-35.
- Al-Baradie, R. et al. (2002) Am J Hum Genet 71, 1195-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 5850 Sall4 Antibody
- 2840 Oct-4A (C30A3) Rabbit mAb
- 4903 Nanog (D73G4) XP® Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.