Product Pathways - Adhesion
Phospho-Catenin δ-1 (Ser252) Antibody #8477
|8477S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8477||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse, Rat, Monkey.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Catenin δ-1 (Ser252) Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of Catenin δ-1 protein only when phosphorylated at Ser252.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser252 of human Catenin δ-1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Catenin δ-1 (p120 catenin) has an amino-terminal coiled-coil domain followed by a regulatory domain containing multiple phosphorylation sites and a central Armadillo repeat domain of ten linked 42-amino acid repeats. The carboxy-terminal tail has no known function (1). Catenin δ-1 fulfills critical roles in the regulation of cell-cell adhesion as it regulates E-cadherin turnover at the cell surface to determine the level of E-cadherin available for cell-cell adhesion (2). Catenin δ-1 has both positive and negative effects on cadherin-mediated adhesion (3). Actin dynamics are also regulated by catenin δ-1, which modulates RhoA, Rac, and cdc42 proteins (1). Analogous to β-catenin, catenin δ-1 translocates to the nucleus, although its role at this location is unclear. Many studies show that catenin δ-1 is expressed irregularly or is absent in various types of tumor cells, suggesting that catenin δ-1 may function as a tumor suppressor (4).
Phosphorylation of Ser252 on Catenin δ-1 was identified at Cell Signaling Technology (CST) using PhosphoScan®, a CST™ LC-MS/MS platform for phosphorylation site discovery (5).
- Reynolds, A.B. and Roczniak-Ferguson, A. (2004) Oncogene 23, 7947-7956.
- Davis, M. A. et al. (2003) J. Cell Biol. 163, 525-534.
- Thoreson, M.A. and Reynolds, A.B. (2002) Differentiation 70, 583-589.
- Anastasiadis, P.Z. and Reynolds, A.B. (2000) J. Cell Sci. 113, 1319-1334.
- Rush, J. et al. (2005) Nat Biotechnol 23, 94-101.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4989 Catenin δ-1 Antibody
- 2910 Phospho-Catenin δ-1 (Tyr904) Antibody
- 2911 Phospho-Catenin δ-1 (Tyr228) Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.