Product Pathways - Development
β-Catenin (D10A8) XP® Rabbit mAb #8480
|W IP IHC-P IHC-F IF-F IF-IC F ChIP||H M R Mk (Z) (B) (Pg) (GP) (Hr)||Endogenous||92||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey Z=Zebrafish B=Bovine Pg=Pig GP=Guinea Pig Hr=Horse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
β-Catenin (D10A8) XP® Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total β-catenin protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro714 of human β-catenin protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using β-Catenin (D10A8) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using β-Catenin (D10A8) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using β-Catenin (D10A8) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded cell pellets, HeLa (left) or NCI-H28 (right), using β-Catenin (D10A8) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded mouse colon using β-Catenin (D10A8) XP® Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using β-Catenin (D10A8) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of frozen mouse colon using β-Catenin (D10A8) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of NCI-H28 (blue) or HeLa (green) cells using β-Catenin (D10A8) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa (left) and NCI-H28 (right) cells using β-Catenin (D10A8) XP® Rabbit mAb (green). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of mouse colon using β-Catenin (D10A8) XP® Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 HCT 116 cells and either 20 μl of β-Catenin (D10A8) XP® Rabbit mAb or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using SimpleChIP® Human Axin2 Intron 1 Primers #8973, SimpleChIP® Human CaMK2D Intron 3 Primers #5111, human c-Myc promoter primers, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
β-Catenin is a key downstream effector in the Wnt signaling pathway (1). It is implicated in two major biological processes in vertebrates: early embryonic development (2) and tumorigenesis (3). CK1 phosphorylates β-catenin at Ser45. This phosphorylation event primes β-catenin for subsequent phosphorylation by GSK-3β (4-6). GSK-3β destabilizes β-catenin by phosphorylating it at Ser33, Ser37, and Thr41 (7). Mutations at these sites result in the stabilization of β-catenin protein levels and have been found in many tumor cell lines (8).
- Cadigan, K.M. and Nusse, R. (1997) Genes Dev. 11, 3286-3305.
- Wodarz, A. and Nusse, R. (1998) Annu. Rev. Cell. Dev. Biol. 14, 59-88.
- Polakis, P. (1999) Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev. 9, 15-21.
- Amit, S. et al. (2002) Genes Dev. 16, 1066-1076.
- Lin, C. et al. (2002) Cell 108, 837-847.
- Yanagawa, S. et al. (2002) EMBO J. 21, 1733-1742.
- Yost, C. et al. (1996) Genes Dev. 10, 1443-1454.
- Morin, P.J. (1997) Science 275, 1787-1790.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9561 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) Antibody
- 9565 Phospho-β-Catenin (Thr41/Ser45) Antibody
- 9534 Acetyl-β-Catenin (Lys49) Antibody
- 9581 β-Catenin Antibody (Amino-terminal Antigen)
- 3216 Dvl2 Antibody
- 3218 Dvl3 Antibody
- 2262 Naked1 Antibody
- 2151 Axin2 (76G6) Rabbit mAb
- 2286 LEF1 (C18A7) Rabbit mAb
- 2391 Wnt3a Antibody
- 2392 Wnt5a Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9877 DDX5 (D15E10) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 8462 CYLD (D1A10) Rabbit mAb
- 3195 E-Cadherin (24E10) Rabbit mAb
- 3795 Frizzled5 Antibody
- 2560 LRP6 (C5C7) Rabbit mAb
- 2568 Phospho-LRP6 (Ser1490) Antibody
- 2530 Wnt5a/b (C27E8) Rabbit mAb
- 2721 Wnt3a (C64F2) Rabbit mAb
- 3889 LRP5 (D23F7) Rabbit mAb
- 2230 LEF1 (C12A5) Rabbit mAb
- 2883 TCF3 (D15G11) Rabbit mAb
- 2087 Axin1 (C76H11) Rabbit mAb
- 3224 Dvl2 (30D2) Rabbit mAb
- 9383 TCF/LEF1 Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2951 β-Catenin Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7308 PathScan® Total β-Catenin Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.