Product Pathways - Translational Control
IMP1 (D33A2) Rabbit mAb #8482
|W IP||H M R||Endogenous||64||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
IMP1 (D33A2) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total IMP1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human IMP1 protein.
Insulin-like growth factor-II mRNA-binding proteins (IMPs) belong to a family of zipcode-binding proteins (1,2). Three members of this family, IMP1, IMP2, and IMP3, have been identified (1,2). They contain two RNA recognition motifs, four K homology domains, and were found to function in mRNA localization, turnover, and translation control (1,2). Research studies have implicated these proteins in a variety of physiological and pathological processes, such as growth and development (3), testicular neoplasia (4), and melanocytic neoplasia (5).
- Nielsen, F.C. et al. (2002) J Cell Sci 115, 2087-97.
- Nielsen, J. et al. (2003) Biochem J 376, 383-91.
- Hansen, T.V. et al. (2004) Mol Cell Biol 24, 4448-64.
- Hammer, N.A. et al. (2005) Reproduction 130, 203-12.
- Pryor, J.G. et al. (2008) Mod Pathol 21, 431-7.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2852 IMP1 Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.