Product Pathways - Translational Control
LSm2 Antibody #8498
|8498S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8498||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||11||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
LSm2 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total LSm2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Val77 of human LSm2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
LSm proteins are members of an ancient family of RNA binding proteins that function in RNA metabolism (1,2). Two LSm complexes or rings have been identified based on protein composition: LSm1-7 and LSm2-8 (1). The cytoplasmic LSm1-7 complex is involved in mRNA degradation (3) while the LSm2-8 ring is required for pre-tRNA and rRNA maturation (4,5) and regulation of pre-mRNA splicing through its association with U6 snRNA (6). Recent studies show that LSm2-8 complex functions in the biogenesis of telomerase RNA (1).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2548 EDC4/Ge-1 Antibody
- 8988 DDX6/RCK (D26C11) Rabbit mAb
- 12040 Upf1 (D15G6) Rabbit mAb
- 9435 Upf1 Antibody
- 11875 Upf2 (D3B10) Rabbit mAb
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.