Product Pathways - Metabolism
Prdx1 (D5G12) Rabbit mAb #8499
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||21||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Prdx1 (D5G12) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Prdx1 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with Prdx2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Arg110 of human Prdx1 protein.
Prdx1 belongs to a family of non-seleno peroxidases that function as H2O2 scavengers. All 6 Prdx isoforms share a conserved N-terminal cysteine (Cys51) that is oxidized by H2O2 to form cysteine-sulfenic acid (Cys51-SOH) and, in turn, reacts with Cys172-SH of another Prdx protein, forming a disulfide dimer and protecting it from degradation (1-3). Abnormally high levels of H2O2 cause Prdx1 to form an oligomeric chaperone that loses its peroxidase activity (4). Prdx family members have been reported to bind to JNK and c-Abl and regulate their kinase acitivity (5,6). Prdx1 was shown to bind to PTEN and regulate its phosphatase activity in conditions of mild or no cellular stress, hence preventing Akt-driven transformation by protecting PTEN from oxidation-induced inactivation (7).
- Wood, Z.A. et al. (2003) Trends Biochem Sci 28, 32-40.
- Chae, H.Z. et al. (1994) J Biol Chem 269, 27670-8.
- Chae, H.Z. et al. (1994) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 91, 7022-6.
- Jang, H.H. et al. (2004) Cell 117, 625-35.
- Wen, S.T. and Van Etten, R.A. (1997) Genes Dev 11, 2456-67.
- Kim, Y.J. et al. (2006) Cancer Res 66, 7136-42.
- Cao, J. et al. (2009) EMBO J 28, 1505-17.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8732 Prdx1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.