Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Myosin Light Chain 2 (D18E2) Rabbit mAb #8505
|8505S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8505||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||18||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Myosin Light Chain 2 (D18E2) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total myosin light chain 2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human myosin light chain 2 protein.
Myosin is composed of six polypeptide chains: two identical heavy chains and two pairs of light chains. Myosin light chain 2 (MLC2), also known as myosin regulatory light chain (MRLC), RLC, or LC20, has many isoforms depending on its distribution. In smooth muscle, MLC2 is phosphorylated at Thr18 and Ser19 by myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) in a Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent manner (1). This phosphorylation is correlated with myosin ATPase activity and smooth muscle contraction (2). ROCK also phosphorylates Ser19 of smooth muscle MLC2, which regulates the assembly of stress fibers (3). Phosphorylation of smooth muscle MLC2 at Ser1/Ser2 and Ser9 by PKC and cdc2 has been reported to inhibit myosin ATPase activity (4,5). Phosphorylation by cdc2 controls the timing of cytokinesis (5). Transgenic mice lacking phosphorylation sites on the cardiac muscle isoform show morphological and functional abnormalities (6).
- Ikebe, M. and Hartshorne, D.J. (1985) J. Biol. Chem. 260, 10027-10031.
- Tan, J. L. et al. (1992) Annu. Rev. Biochem. 61, 721-759.
- Totsukawa, G. et al. (2000) J. Cell Biol. 150, 797-806.
- Ikebe, M. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 262, 9569-9573.
- Satterwhite, L. L. et al. (1992) J. Cell Biol. 118, 595-605.
- Sanbe, A. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 21085-21094.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3671 Phospho-Myosin Light Chain 2 (Ser19) Antibody
- 3674 Phospho-Myosin Light Chain 2 (Thr18/Ser19) Antibody
- 3675 Phospho-Myosin Light Chain 2 (Ser19) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.