Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Sec31A Antibody #8506
|W IP||H R Mk||Endogenous||95-140||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Sec31A Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of multiple isoforms of total Sec31A protein, ranging in sizes of 95-140 kDa.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro810 of human Sec31A protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Coat Protein Complex II (COPII) is composed of five cytosolic proteins: Sec23/24 complex, Sec13/31 complex, and Sar1. COPII coat is located at the ER/Golgi interface and is involved in transport of newly synthesized proteins from the ER to the Golgi apparatus (1). COPII formation is initiated through the binding of the activated G protein, Sar1, to the Sec23/24 complex, thereby forming a prebudding complex that directly binds target molecules (1-3). The prebudding complex further recruits Sec13/31 to form mature COPII coat (4,5). The Sec31 subunit of COPII coat interacts with Sec13 at the ER exit. It is required for vesicle formation and is essential for ER-Golgi transport. Two isoforms of human Sec31 have been identified, Sec31A and Sec31B, which share a sequence homology of 47.3% (6-8). Sec31A is ubiquitously expressed in tissues and organs, whereas Sec31B is enriched in brain and testis (7,8). In classical Hodgkin Lymphoma, novel fusion of Jak2 with Sec31A renders Jak2 constitutively active and subject to Jak2 inhibitor effects (9).
Multiple isoforms of Sec31A protein have been reported (10).
- Aridor, M. et al. (1998) J Cell Biol 141, 61-70.
- Miller, E.A. et al. (2003) Cell 114, 497-509.
- Mossessova, E. et al. (2003) Cell 114, 483-95.
- Barlowe, C. et al. (1994) Cell 77, 895-907.
- Bi, X. et al. (2007) Dev Cell 13, 635-45.
- Shugrue, C.A. et al. (1999) J Cell Sci 112 ( Pt 24), 4547-56.
- Tang, B.L. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 13597-604.
- Stankewich, M.C. et al. (2006) J Cell Sci 119, 958-69.
- Van Roosbroeck, K. et al. (2011) Blood 117, 4056-64.
- Townley, A.K. et al. (2008) J Cell Sci 121, 3025-34.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.