Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Caspase-14 Antibody #8519
|W||H M R (Mk)||Endogenous||28-30, 11||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Caspase-14 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total caspase-14 protein and the p11 subunit of mature caspase-14.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human caspase-14 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from mouse and rat skin using Caspase-14 Antibody.
Caspases are a family of cysteine proteases that play an essential role in carrying out apoptosis. Caspase-14, also named MICE, is a unique member of the caspase family with restricted expression; it is found in embryonic tissues and adult skin (1,2). Caspase-14 is weakly processed into p18 and p11 subunits by caspase-8 (2). Caspase-14 may not play a role in apoptosis (2), but instead may regulate keratinocyte differentiation (3). Expression of caspase-14 may protect from psoriasis (4,5) and irradiation damage (6). Caspase-14 may also be responsible for proteolytic processing of filaggrin during terminal differentiation of keratinocytes (6).
- Hu, S. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 29648-53.
- Van de Craen, M. et al. (1998) Cell Death Differ 5, 838-46.
- Eckhart, L. et al. (2000) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 277, 655-9.
- Lippens, S. et al. (2004) Am J Pathol 165, 833-41.
- Walsh, D.S. et al. (2005) J Dermatol Sci 37, 61-3.
- Denecker, G. et al. (2007) Nat Cell Biol 9, 666-74.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.