Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
FYVE-CENT Antibody #8532
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
FYVE-CENT Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total FYVE-CENT protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu595 of human FYVE-CENT protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
FYVE-CENT (ZFYVE26) contains an FYVE zinc finger domain characterized by conserved R(R/RK) and HHCRxCG motifs (1). Phosphatidylinositol 3 phosphate binds to FYVE-CENT via the FYVE domain and this binding is crucial in phosphoinositide (PtdIns3P)-regulated cytokinesis (1-3). Research evidence suggests that during cytokinesis, FYVE-CENT directly interacts with TTC19 and is recruited to the midbody by the kinesin protein KIF13A (4). FYVE-CENT may also be involved in the tumor suppressor function of Beclin-1 (5). Researchers have linked the defects in FYVE-CENT to hereditary spastic paraplegia, a condition characterized by deterioration of the corpus callosum of the brain (6).
- Stenmark, H. and Aasland, R. (1999) J Cell Sci 112 ( Pt 23), 4175-83.
- Stenmark, H. et al. (2002) FEBS Lett 513, 77-84.
- Gaullier, J.M. et al. (1999) Chem Phys Lipids 98, 87-94.
- Sagona, A.P. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e17086.
- Sagona, A.P. et al. (2010) Nat Cell Biol 12, 362-71.
- Denora, P.S. et al. (2009) J Neurol Sci 277, 22-5.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3288 EEA1 (C45B10) Rabbit mAb
- 8507 KIF3A (D7G3) Rabbit mAb
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3738 Beclin-1 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.